Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah I didn't even think about the waist measurements, good catch! I don't really have any experience with SuitSupply (want to check them out in person when they finally open up shop in Boston). Unfortunately I don't have any Ludlow jackets, the fit was never quite right for me so I can't really draw a good comparison there. If you mind my asking, what size are you? If it helps, I own one of the foundation suits (38s in slim) and can take get the waist measurement on that jacket, as no tailoring has been done to it.

Comment

JCrew Ludlow 40L is normally ok on me (sometimes a bit too tight at the waist). Bonobos 40L slim is too slim at the waist; 40L standard is too big and I had it taken in at the sides, but generally fits much better. Seems like: Bonobos slim > JCrew Ludlow > Bonobos standard.

HTH.

Also, if you have the cash, Bonobos ship super fast and you can return easily. So, you could purchase new and make sure it fits.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by otoba View Post
        JCrew Ludlow 40L is normally ok on me (sometimes a bit too tight at the waist). Bonobos 40L slim is too slim at the waist; 40L standard is too big and I had it taken in at the sides, but generally fits much better. Seems like: Bonobos slim > JCrew Ludlow > Bonobos standard.

HTH.
        Excellent, that's very helpful. I'd like something a little slimmer than Ludlow, so this could be a good bet. Now I just have to decide if I can really justify another jacket or two...

Thanks for the measurement offer, [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION], but I think I have what I need now (and I'm 42L in any case...) .

Comment

Is this belt too casual to wear with brown shoes/blazer/odd trousers and/or a suit? https://www.weargustin.com/store/5847

Comment

Originally posted by JamWithSam View Post
            Is this belt too casual to wear with brown shoes/blazer/odd trousers and/or a suit? https://www.weargustin.com/store/5847
            Definitely not a suit. Possible with odd trousers depending on the fabric. Safest with chinos and denim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Not quite style related, but y'all are smart cookies: can I get an optometrist to fit prescription lenses for any pair of frames I want? There's a pair of Warby Parker frames I love that are cheap on eBay with the demo lenses fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                Not quite style related, but y'all are smart cookies: can I get an optometrist to fit prescription lenses for any pair of frames I want? There's a pair of Warby Parker frames I love that are cheap on eBay with the demo lenses fitted.
                No personal experience doing this but I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. I see high end designer frames sold all the time (without the prescription lenses) so I assume you have to be able to get the lens fit somewhere.
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

It can be done, but I'm not sure on cost. It might be cheaper to just get a new pair from Warby Parker.

Comment

Yes I had it done awhile back for some sunglasses I purchased then found out I needed prescription glasses. The optometrist made prescription sunglass lenses for them. It doest depend on your prescription and I believe it was quite expensive at the time about a $100 bucks around 15 years ago.

Comment

Thanks to the curated sale and advice posts on Dappered, I have significantly upgraded my style, purchasing suits, blazers, pants, chinos, sweaters, shoes, etc from JCrew, Bonobos, BR, Gap, Nordstrom.

I also like to wear outdoors and active clothes and shoes on the weekend from brands like Northface. Does anyone know of a blog site similar to Dappered on the internet, that focuses on affordable outdoor and active wear.

Thanks.

Comment

I am interested in buying a Nato Strap to go with my Casio Diver watch. I bought the $30 version that is always posted on Dappered. My question is does it matter what width strap I buy? Range is 18mm to 26mm. Never done this before and would hate to waste $15 on a strap that won't fit my Casio Diver. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kbill07 View Post
                          I am interested in buying a Nato Strap to go with my Casio Diver watch. I bought the $30 version that is always posted on Dappered. My question is does it matter what width strap I buy? Range is 18mm to 26mm. Never done this before and would hate to waste $15 on a strap that won't fit my Casio Diver. Thanks!
                          Yes, you need to measure the width between the lugs. If you're referring to the Casio MDV-106-1A, then I think it takes a 22mm band, but someone who actually owns one may be able to chime in here.

Comment

The strap size is often listed in the watch description online. If you can't find it, post the model of your Casio and we can help you out.

Comment

Make sure you get the correct size, so if it's 22mm spring, get a 22mm strap. Using a smaller one can stress the spring bar unevenly and cause failure.

I get my NATO straps from cheapestnatostraps.com, small swedish (I think?) company and all orders ship for only 1.95 or free at $25, they also give you 20% off 5 or more straps and 10% off Facebook code ( facebook10 ) and the discounts stack. Nylon straps go from 5.95-9.95 and they also have perlon, leather, suede, and two piece straps. I usually get my orders within a week or so even with international shipping.

Comment

Looking for suggestions for a slightly smaller (maybe 38mm) alternative to the Orient Bambino with the white dial. Around the same price range, around$150-$250, would be nice. Any tips?

Comment

Working...
                                X