This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArĂȘte View Post
    Oh wow, cool! I have never come across the gustin's before. Seems like those are pretty quality shoes? They are Italian. Not sure if that would be worth to pay $150 (mine cost about 75).
    I have only ever bought jeans from Gustin, but they generally get good reviews.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi guys,

I saw a new Kickstarter shoe project, but I've never backed a project before, and want to ask the thoughts and experiences of you about this campaign and the process of buying on Kickstarter. To me, these shoes and boots looks very decent, but are they a good buy do you think? And is it safe to buy on Kickstarter as well? Thans you for your time!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-for-everybody

Comment

• I'm headed to a wedding next weekend and trying to choose between the highly touted BR light blue summerweight blazer with matching pants, and a navy linen suit. Two questions, is wearing that jacket and matching pants as a suit a faux pas? And two, would a French cuff shirt w/ cufflinks be too formal in comparison to the formality of either of the two suits?

Thanks!

Comment

• Unless I'm misreading your post - I realize that blazer construction is different from that of a suit jacket, but assuming the color, fabric, etc. is the same, I doubt that the vast majority of people would be able to distinguish between a "blazer with matching pants" and a suit.

Comment

• what fragrances you guys are wearing this winter?? any new ones to try this season

Comment

• Anybody know when/if Long Island Watches runs extra discounts/promos, like on holidays? Been wanted to get the Orient Esteem but wanted to save some extra $ if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handsomebull View Post
                what fragrances you guys are wearing this winter?? any new ones to try this season
                Not sure if they still make it or not, but I've always liked banana republic's Black Walnut. It has a nice Smoky/cigar leaf, walnut and leather scent, perfect for winter. I'm almost out of the one I got years and years ago when I used to work there. A little goes a long way.

Comment

• Guys, I'm looking for high-quality winter (think Northeast/snowy) boots that will see use and abuse. Suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrKenShu View Post
                    Guys, I'm looking for high-quality winter (think Northeast/snowy) boots that will see use and abuse. Suggestions?
                    Bean boots. They are classic and come in different variations so you could get the insulated ones if needed. Order them now and they will be much easier to get than in the winter time when they are sold out or on back order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      Bean boots. They are classic and come in different variations so you could get the insulated ones if needed. Order them now and they will be much easier to get than in the winter time when they are sold out or on back order.
                      I second everything [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] recommends. I have Sorel duck boots and my fiance has Bean boots. The Sorels get the job done but the Bean boots are better in every way. After a few season mine look like total crap but hers have aged far better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                        Not sure if they still make it or not, but I've always liked banana republic's Black Walnut. It has a nice Smoky/cigar leaf, walnut and leather scent, perfect for winter. I'm almost out of the one I got years and years ago when I used to work there. A little goes a long way.
                        great never heard of it .. but i certianly like to try it if it's available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handsomebull View Post
                          great never heard of it .. but i certianly like to try it if it's available.
                          I just looked and they're available on Amazon now, a lot cheaper than what they sold for in store. They also have slate, which has a light/crisp grapefruit/citrus smell that's great for summer. Cordovan is also pretty good, but I don't remember what it smells like. Banana did a pretty good job with their fragrances, both for men and women. Their Rosewood and Jade perfumes smelled great. (I was in charge of the fragrances/training others about it when they rolled out back when I used to work there, FYI.)

Comment

• I'm eyeing a Bonobos slim blazer on eBay, and wondering about fit compared to SuitSupply and J Crew Ludlow. My go-to is SuitSupply Havana fit; I find that a Ludlow in the same size is OK, but I wish it were a little slimmer, esp. in the waist. Anyone know how a Bonobos slim would compare?

Also, any experiences with the Bonobos "Foundation" jackets in general? The one I'm looking at is 100% cotton (possibly also a linen one) - looking for something casual for (next) summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELNJ View Post
                              I'm eyeing a Bonobos slim blazer on eBay, and wondering about fit compared to SuitSupply and J Crew Ludlow. My go-to is SuitSupply Havana fit; I find that a Ludlow in the same size is OK, but I wish it were a little slimmer, esp. in the waist. Anyone know how a Bonobos slim would compare?

Also, any experiences with the Bonobos "Foundation" jackets in general? The one I'm looking at is 100% cotton (possibly also a linen one) - looking for something casual for (next) summer.
                              Bonobos slim is a true slim and their jackets tend to be a little on the short side. If you're worried about fit maybe try asking the seller if they can provide the garments measurements to you?

For reference you can find Bonobos' size charts for their blazers and jackets here

Comment

• Thanks, [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION]! Unfortunately no jacket waist measurements are given by Bonobos, though it does say that the Slim has "a noticeable taper". I'll check with the seller, but still would be interested to hear of any direct comparisons if anyone here has them.

Comment

Working...
                                X