Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any sage advice on getting shoes to stop squeaking/creaking? Dress shoes specifically, but feel free to comment with any tips on other sorts.

My issue is that I got a pair of Rockports for work recently (rubberized soles) and despite them being fairly broken in now, the soles and uppers still creak quite a lot when walking. This may be common to just this brand I suppose. However, this has happened before, even with my well worn AE Fifth Avenues. It's driving me crazy and I hate being the loudest walker in a pack of people.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by WearWhere View Post
      Any sage advice on getting shoes to stop squeaking/creaking? Dress shoes specifically, but feel free to comment with any tips on other sorts.

My issue is that I got a pair of Rockports for work recently (rubberized soles) and despite them being fairly broken in now, the soles and uppers still creak quite a lot when walking. This may be common to just this brand I suppose. However, this has happened before, even with my well worn AE Fifth Avenues. It's driving me crazy and I hate being the loudest walker in a pack of people.

Thanks in advance.
      If the squeaking is on the leather uppers, treat with leather conditioner. For squeaks in the rubber soles, I don't know what to tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Matt Dalton

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalton View Post
        If the squeaking is on the leather uppers, treat with leather conditioner. For squeaks in the rubber soles, I don't know what to tell you.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a go! Yeah the soles I'm still at a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by WearWhere View Post
          Any sage advice on getting shoes to stop squeaking/creaking? Dress shoes specifically, but feel free to comment with any tips on other sorts.

Thanks in advance.
          My AE Daltons squeak every time I polish them. I have found it comes from the tongue area so I add a little baby power to a rag and do a quick "once over" in the area to stop the squeaking.

As for sole squeaking, I get that on some of my shoes on linoleum floors but not carpet. No idea how to fix that other than cringe when I walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            My AE Daltons squeak every time I polish them. I have found it comes from the tongue area so I add a little baby power to a rag and do a quick "once over" in the area to stop the squeaking.

As for sole squeaking, I get that on some of my shoes on linoleum floors but not carpet. No idea how to fix that other than cringe when I walk.
            Good tip! I'll have to try that out on the uppers.
            Thank you!

Comment

• Can anyone talk me out of buying the J. Crew "harbor blue" suit while it's on sale? I'm really drawn to this color but can't think of a lot of situations where I'd wear it. https://www.jcrew.com/p/G1142?srcCod...J%2AO3jkOoGo1g

I have other staple suits, so I guess the real question is: is this suit versatile enough to be worth splurging on or is it only really wearable in a very small number of situations?

Comment

• Originally posted by sagehen5 View Post
                Can anyone talk me out of buying the J. Crew "harbor blue" suit while it's on sale? I'm really drawn to this color but can't think of a lot of situations where I'd wear it. https://www.jcrew.com/p/G1142?srcCod...J%2AO3jkOoGo1g

I have other staple suits, so I guess the real question is: is this suit versatile enough to be worth splurging on or is it only really wearable in a very small number of situations?
                The color looks really nice in photos. It's still fairly versatile to me, I don't see why you couldn't wear it as a year round suit outside of very formal occasions.
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• I'm also a fan of the color. Is the jacket half canvassed?

Comment

• Hi folks.

Considering the AE Higgins Mill. Can anyone comment on sizing compared to the First Avenue? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Comment

• So I'm going to drop so $$$ on a pair of Chelseas finally. I'm between the AE Liverpool in that lovely walnut and the Thursday Boot Duke in their dark brown. Courtesy of AE's Labor Day sale on Factory 2nds, the prices are fairly comparable. Any reason why I should get one or the other? And which is a more versatile color (also what can be paired with each respective shoe)?

Comment

• Originally posted by otoba View Post
                        Hi folks.

Considering the AE Higgins Mill. Can anyone comment on sizing compared to the First Avenue? Thanks.
                        I got a pair and they are awesome! I actually got a size 14 but I got a 15 in the AE McAllister. I think they run big.

Comment

• Hey guys, what do you think about these white leather sneakers? I wear size 15 so I can never find any white leather sneakers that are my size (e.g. Stan Smith). I randomly found these Tommy Bahama ones half off at Nordstrom rack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arête View Post
                            I got a pair and they are awesome! I actually got a size 14 but I got a 15 in the AE McAllister. I think they run big.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arête View Post

Hey guys, what do you think about these white leather sneakers? I wear size 15 so I can never find any white leather sneakers that are my size (e.g. Stan Smith). I randomly found these Tommy Bahama ones half off at Nordstrom rack.

Looks like Gustin make larger sizes, too

https://www.weargustin.com/store/5815

Comment

• Oh wow, cool! I have never come across the gustin's before. Seems like those are pretty quality shoes? They are Italian. Not sure if that would be worth to pay $150 (mine cost about 75).

Comment

Working...
                                X