This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all,

Trying to play a little game of find that shoe. Saw a pair of Aldo Oxfords in a light tan color with brouging/perforations similar to the AE Fairfax.

They were not wholecuts either but rather had the wingtip and medallion without the raised strips of leather normally seen on such shoes. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--S

Comment

• Originally posted by JamWithSam View Post
      Hey all,

Trying to play a little game of find that shoe. Saw a pair of Aldo Oxfords in a light tan color with brouging/perforations similar to the AE Fairfax.

They were not wholecuts either but rather had the wingtip and medallion without the raised strips of leather normally seen on such shoes. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--S
      have you tried looking here?

https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/men/footwear/brogues

Comment

• Originally posted by Scofield View Post
        Of course, that was my first stop. Judging by the shape the shoes were in, they are an older model but clearly holding up well. Thinking they may be discontinued.

Comment

• Would anyone be able to tell me the wristwatch that is visible in the "Weekend Dossier" photo? Seems to be a large-cased pilot watch with enlarged numerals at 12, 3, 6 and 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by hasenkopfe View Post
            Would anyone be able to tell me the wristwatch that is visible in the "Weekend Dossier" photo? Seems to be a large-cased pilot watch with enlarged numerals at 12, 3, 6 and 9.
            it's some sort of out of production hamilton chronograph. forgot the exact model name/number.

Comment

• Hi all. I just got my first pair of GYW boots, the cordovan color Chippewa captoes from J.Crew, and was wondering if I should treat them with Snow Seal or not. I live near Seattle and plan on wearing these a bunch during our wet fall/winter/springs. I know it's oiled leather so will already resist some water and such, but I'd like some extra protection. However, I've seen several posts online that cobblers (like Dave Page in Seattle) can't resole shoes/boots that have been treated with sno-seal and sometimes obenaufs LP (because it prevents the cement from adhering), and there's some confusion/debate as to whether that applies only to purely glued soles or if GYW soles are still resoleable after Snow Seal treatment.

Anybody have any definitive answers or experience getting their treated boots/shoes resoled?

The Chippewa's Vibram soles are stitched, if that helps any.

Comment

• Just emailed Dave Page directly and he replied really quickly. GYW boots/shoes can be resoled even after Snow seal, Obenaufs, etc.

Comment

• Hey guys, I just picked up the J Crew Factory Sutton light blue slacks and the Caspian blue sport coat from the regular J Crew store. Random purchases, but I was wondering if I could pull them off together? They're drastically different blues, but there are rules...

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clublos View Post
                    Hey guys, I just picked up the J Crew Factory Sutton light blue slacks and the Caspian blue sport coat from the regular J Crew store. Random purchases, but I was wondering if I could pull them off together? They're drastically different blues, but there are rules...

Any thoughts?
                    I think blue is one of the few colors that you can get away with wearing different items of. You could go for a monochrome look by adding a navy blue shirt. I'd probably wear those items with a white shirt and brown leather belt and shoes.

Comment

• Thanks for your response! My thought was to wear with a white polo and brown belt and brown chukkas.

Comment

• Hey all. I'm looking to get a pair or two of new jeans, and hoping someone can give me some direction on here. In the past several years, I transitioned to Levi's. I like the idea of a pair of jeans that are pretty basic, but look good and don't cost an arm and a leg. I had purchased 501's and really liked them, but when I got a bit bigger in the waist, suddenly the legs of the jeans got pretty loose.

I have an older pair of 514's, but once again, when I wear them, I feel like the legs are too loose.

I picked up a pair of J Crew Factory jeans over a year ago, but I don't like how they fit - and neither does my wife .

So, I'm curious about the 511... is it worth trying out? I don't want a skinny fit, but if there's a little less fabric in the legs, that's what I'm looking for.

Or, are there any other recommendations?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                          Hey all. I'm looking to get a pair or two of new jeans, and hoping someone can give me some direction on here. In the past several years, I transitioned to Levi's. I like the idea of a pair of jeans that are pretty basic, but look good and don't cost an arm and a leg. I had purchased 501's and really liked them, but when I got a bit bigger in the waist, suddenly the legs of the jeans got pretty loose.

I have an older pair of 514's, but once again, when I wear them, I feel like the legs are too loose.

I picked up a pair of J Crew Factory jeans over a year ago, but I don't like how they fit - and neither does my wife .

So, I'm curious about the 511... is it worth trying out? I don't want a skinny fit, but if there's a little less fabric in the legs, that's what I'm looking for.

My personal rule with Levi's are to try them on in store and buy the pair you try on and like. Just make sure if you do go the route of slimmer legs that you don't look like an upsidedown triangle...that's not flattering.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                            Hey all. I'm looking to get a pair or two of new jeans, and hoping someone can give me some direction on here. In the past several years, I transitioned to Levi's. I like the idea of a pair of jeans that are pretty basic, but look good and don't cost an arm and a leg. I had purchased 501's and really liked them, but when I got a bit bigger in the waist, suddenly the legs of the jeans got pretty loose.

Yes, do try the 511's but also check out the 513's. They are a slim straight fit, as opposed to the 514 which is more of a regular straight fit. Hopefully one of the two fits the bill. Otherwise check out Gap jeans.

Comment

• How do Spier and Mackay sizes match up against J Crew? I'm pretty skinny but the Ludlow in 36s generally fits me well - wondering whether anyone happens to know whether the S&M slim fit is generally similar to Ludlow. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                                How do Spier and Mackay sizes match up against J Crew? I'm pretty skinny but the Ludlow in 36s generally fits me well - wondering whether anyone happens to know whether the S&M slim fit is generally similar to Ludlow. Thanks!
                                The contemporary fit is fairly similar, yes. Rick from Spier & Mackay actually told me to try on the Ludlow to get a feel for what the contemporary fit was like. The S&M slim fit will be slightly slimmer than the J.Crew Ludlow.

Comment

Working...
                                X