This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zcm View Post
    Check out the AE tent sale. I think the Randolphs are marked down to $199. Pretty classic looking loafers. Or try some bass weejuns for a cheaper option.

NEW QUESTION:

Do any of you actually use the shoe bags your shoes came in?

Yeah I saw that both them and the Patriot were 200 and the Kenwood is 105. Very confusing with all the options and I feel like I am having a tough time judging if they would be too dressy for social casual wear, or if the Kenwood would be too casual for business casual work wear. (and judging the kenwoods quality)

Comment

Check out the AE tent sale. I think the Randolphs are marked down to $199. Pretty classic looking loafers. Or try some bass weejuns for a cheaper option.

NEW QUESTION:

I do from time to time. It just depends.

Comment

[MENTION=6917]dackman[/MENTION]
        Are the JCrew ones flannel? It doesn't mention that online.

Comment

NEW QUESTION:

Always. and then I put them back in the Box

Comment

Polo buttons. Do you guys button up 1 2 3 all?

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
              Usually just one, maybe none if its casual and a very short placket.

Comment

n-1 usually, n-2 if i'm feeling especially frisky

Comment

NEW QUESTION:

Yes. It keeps the dust off shoes, especially those that you wear relatively infrequently.

Depends on the placket length. Usually I just button one, though.
                  Last edited by LesserBlackDog; June 21, 2014, 02:17 PM.
                  Ben

Comment

[MENTION=12115]doomx[/MENTION], I don't really know the difference between wool flannel and standard wool trousers, anybody want to educate me there?

I know the wool Bowery's aren't worsted though, that much I do know.

Comment

NEW QUESTION:

Yes, because my AEs came with nice shoe bags. I also keep them in their original boxes.

It depends on how many buttons my polo has. Normally I keep all the buttons except for the collar button buttoned while at work, but if it is a hot day, I'll unbutton the next button down as well.

Regards,
                      Vic
                      "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Flannel is specially designed and woven for softness... usually it has a nap to achieve softness, though sometimes it's just the particular yarn used.
                        Ben

Comment

1 button if it has 3. 1 button on a two depending on the placket, but usually 0 on two buttons.

Comment

Never all. I use the subtract-2 rule. If three buttons, subtract two, button only one (the bottom, of course). If two buttons, subtract two, no buttons buttoned.

Comment

NEW QUESTION:

Only when I travel.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheRise View Post
                                Yeah I saw that both them and the Patriot were 200 and the Kenwood is 105. Very confusing with all the options and I feel like I am having a tough time judging if they would be too dressy for social casual wear, or if the Kenwood would be too casual for business casual work wear. (and judging the kenwoods quality)
                                I have the Randolphs in "chili." I wear them with chinos, cotton "dress" pants, and some wool pants. They're my go-to summer shoe.

Comment

Working...
                                X