This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arête View Post
    I have had a pair of Clarks desert boots for a couple years now. They now smell really bad even when I only wear them for an hour or two. Should I just throw them out or is there a way to get rid of the smell for good?
    Cedar shoe trees are great at absorbing moisture and odor. Other than that, maybe some foot powder like Odor Eaters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arête View Post
      I have had a pair of Clarks desert boots for a couple years now. They now smell really bad even when I only wear them for an hour or two. Should I just throw them out or is there a way to get rid of the smell for good?
      Try freezing them (in a plastic bag). You can also use shoe trees and foot powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How does A Nordstrom brand suit compare in quality to a Lands End Yearrounder? Is there a big difference?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstro...xXusJJ7RhPChcg

https://www.landsend.com/products/me...74?sku_0=::LCH

Comment

• Whenever I buy jeans/pants/shorts, I always have the same problem of the crotch being extremely and overtime painfully tight. Obviously, this is when I'm sitting down for long periods as I do at my desk job. Other parts of the pants seem to have plenty of room. I've had atailor "let the crotch out" but it never seems to work. I think part of the problem is the curvature of my back is so deep, and my rear end ends up being rather large. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's pulling the cloth from that end and causing the tightness in the crotch area. Is this a problem others have?

If so, does anyone know of a certain fit or brand that reduces this miserable problem?

Not sure if they are needed to understand, but I'm pretty slim everywhere else: 31 waist x 33 inseam, 170lbs.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• [MENTION=11946]leem[/MENTION], what is the rise of the jeans/pants you're wearing? If you don't know, the manufacturer website should state it. Also, and this is not meant to be creepy, but could it be that you're not getting enough support from your underwear or boxers or whatever?

Comment

• Sounds like the jeans you're wearing just don't have a high enough rise.

On a side note, you say that the deep curvature of your back ends up emphasizing your rear end. In general the curvature of your lower back shouldn't be "so deep". I'm no physical therapist but that sounds an awful lot like APT (anterior pelvic tilt) which you can remedy with some fairly easy exercise & stretching. Again, I'm no doctor but thought it might be something you'd want to look at.

Comment

• I sold my walnut strands, when shipping a pair of allen edmonds, how much weight should i indicate on the package (purchasing the label atm)?

Comment

• I have generated a return shipping label with Allen Edmonds in the past and it said that 1 pair of shoes is 4 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis19 View Post
                    I have generated a return shipping label with Allen Edmonds in the past and it said that 1 pair of shoes is 4 lbs.
                    that sounds a little high...

Comment

• That's what I thought. Maybe they round up? Though I wouldn't be surprised if a pair with Dainite soles or boots were that heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                        that sounds a little high...
                        If you look on Amazon, that's the weight they list for a pair of Park Avenues (4 lbs shipped). The courier does round up but will re-weigh it anyway as soon as it's scanned, so...

Comment

• Hey all. I'm in need of a or a couple of new suits. It's been a while since I've been on here, so I figured there may be some new thoughts or developments. I was thinking about going the way of J. Crew Thompson, though I've bought a few second hand blazers off of ebay, and I seem to be in between a 40 and a 42. They do look to offer a 41R now, but are completely out of stock. I may check to see when those will be back in stock.

But, I wonder if I should instead look at purchasing the $399 Suitsupply suits? Are those a major step up in quality?

Are there any other recommendations? I live in Sioux Falls, SD, so I don't have much access to stores to allow me to try on in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                            Hey all. I'm in need of a or a couple of new suits. It's been a while since I've been on here, so I figured there may be some new thoughts or developments. I was thinking about going the way of J. Crew Thompson, though I've bought a few second hand blazers off of ebay, and I seem to be in between a 40 and a 42. They do look to offer a 41R now, but are completely out of stock. I may check to see when those will be back in stock.

But, I wonder if I should instead look at purchasing the $399 Suitsupply suits? Are those a major step up in quality?

Are there any other recommendations? I live in Sioux Falls, SD, so I don't have much access to stores to allow me to try on in person.
                            I've been very happy with my SuSu suits provided they fit your legs. I found their trousers very narrow, so I needed my tailor to let them and the seat out a bit. To me the SuSu Napoli type suits have a more classic look with the wider lapels. While the return policy is not as easy as SuSu or JCrew, I'd take a look at Spier and MacKay. I've been very impressed and like their suits I purchased even better than the $500 ones I purchased at SuSu. They fit me better out of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                              [MENTION=11946]leem[/MENTION], what is the rise of the jeans/pants you're wearing? If you don't know, the manufacturer website should state it. Also, and this is not meant to be creepy, but could it be that you're not getting enough support from your underwear or boxers or whatever?
                              Not sure what my rise is, but this is an issue with my dress pants as well. I wear boxers, and I don't seem to think I have a problem there. Everything is fine if I'm standing up or walking around. It's only when I sit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                                Sounds like the jeans you're wearing just don't have a high enough rise.

On a side note, you say that the deep curvature of your back ends up emphasizing your rear end. In general the curvature of your lower back shouldn't be "so deep". I'm no physical therapist but that sounds an awful lot like APT (anterior pelvic tilt) which you can remedy with some fairly easy exercise & stretching. Again, I'm no doctor but thought it might be something you'd want to look at.
                                I'll definitely look into that. Any help is always appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X