Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Tyrwhitt offers free returns correct? I feel like I remember when I joined Dappered that was not the case, but I'm likely wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
      Charles Tyrwhitt offers free returns correct? I feel like I remember when I joined Dappered that was not the case, but I'm likely wrong.
      Correct. From their website:
      Online Returns and a pre-paid label included in your parcel. Both are completely free to use though our Online Return Facility offers even greater flexibility – we will process your exchange/return within 24 hours of USPS scanning your parcel.*

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
        Correct. From their website:
        Online Returns and a pre-paid label included in your parcel. Both are completely free to use though our Online Return Facility offers even greater flexibility – we will process your exchange/return within 24 hours of USPS scanning your parcel.*
        Cool, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          Has SuSu changed the cut of their Lazio suit? I ask b/c I own two three-piece Lazio suits and they fit fine. But I just purchased a third one and the jacket is too short/small. I'm returning the suit BTW.

Anyone have older years/models of the Lazio suit with recent ones? Do they fit the same for you?
          Nothing like quoting one's self...

Just to close this thread, I put on both jackets when I arrived home. The two Lazio suit jackets that I had previously purchased came down to below the carpals (that bonny thing at the end of your arm). The Lazio jacket that I just purchased came down to well above the carpals. The jacket almost felt like a 42S instead of a 42R. Of course the labeling on the jacket said it was a 42R.

Anyway, the suit has been returned and I've ordered at 42L. Hopefully that fixes the issue. So anyone looking to purchase a 42R three-piece blue Lazio suit from SuSu (they are sold out according to the website) are in luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spex View Post
            Typically a wool blazer with cotton trousers is more acceptable than a cotton blazer with wool trousers, but I suppose it's possible. I would make sure that:

1. They aren't a seasonal mis-match. So don't wear wool flannel or tweed trousers with a linen jacket.
            2. They are of a similar formality. Some cotton and linen jackets are very casual, so if you're going to pair the jacket with, for example, tropical weight wool, then make sure the jacket doesn't look distressed or too wrinkled.
            Makes sense. This is the jacket I had in mind:

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...ep-water/F0127

Seems like a similar weight/level of formality to wool Ludlow trousers? I can definitely see how it would look odd with tweed trousers (or how a more casual jacket would look odd with wool trousers).

Comment

• Whats the best brand for quality, casual mens tshirts? Thinking similar to bonobos yarn spun solid t's, but not looking to spend close to 40 bucks on a piece of cotton. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADowding View Post
                Whats the best brand for quality, casual mens tshirts? Thinking similar to bonobos yarn spun solid t's, but not looking to spend close to 40 bucks on a piece of cotton. Thanks!
                This is really subjective and a good topic for its own thread but I really like Everlane. Plain ts are $16 and are made in the US. Heathered t's are $18 but made in China. Both good quality though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADowding View Post
                  Whats the best brand for quality, casual mens tshirts? Thinking similar to bonobos yarn spun solid t's, but not looking to spend close to 40 bucks on a piece of cotton. Thanks!
                  It's not a fancy brand, but the Hanes 6.1 oz pocket Ts are an awesome value. The fabric is a little heavier than the average t-shirt and they fit great
                  https://www.amazon.com/Hanes-Mens-Be.../dp/B003EZQZ4S

Comment

• Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                    It's not a fancy brand, but the Hanes 6.1 oz pocket Ts are an awesome value. The fabric is a little heavier than the average t-shirt and they fit great
                    https://www.amazon.com/Hanes-Mens-Be.../dp/B003EZQZ4S
                    Do they?

Couldn't have picked a worse model/fit pic than what's there.

My big pet peeve with t-shirts is oversized arm holes. I don't need them strangling my arms but I definitely want contact most of the way around. It's hard to tell since that model is wearing a shirt probably 2 sizes too big but the arm holes look huge.

Comment

• Thanks guys for the quick replies. I'm with the moose on the sleeves.

I searched the threads for this topic but didn't turn up much. I wonder what the general consensus would be...

Comment

• Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post
                        Do they?

Couldn't have picked a worse model/fit pic than what's there.

My big pet peeve with t-shirts is oversized arm holes. I don't need them strangling my arms but I definitely want contact most of the way around. It's hard to tell since that model is wearing a shirt probably 2 sizes too big but the arm holes look huge.
                        I'm 6'2" 170 and a medium fits like a slim medium on me. Sosososoooo much agree on that model photo. He's wearing a shirt two sizes to big for him

Comment

• Are the Chippewa / Kenton boots ever included in JCrew sales? I'm in the market for new boots and have a $100 JCrew gift card so kind of want to grab the Chippewas on sale. Excluded from current promo though.

Comment

• Does anyone have any experience with Boden sport coats or blazers?

These look nice:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/mens-c...n-linen-blazer

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/mens-c...u%C3%A9-blazer

But they look pretty well chopped in the photos.

Comment

• [MENTION=9026]mooseontheloose[/MENTION] I bought my Chippewa boots from JC on sale two years ago now. I must confess since purchasing the boots I have not been keeping my eye open to see if they hit the sales rack again. But if they were on sale once, perhaps they'll make it there again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mooseontheloose View Post
                                Are the Chippewa / Kenton boots ever included in JCrew sales? I'm in the market for new boots and have a $100 JCrew gift card so kind of want to grab the Chippewas on sale. Excluded from current promo though.
                                I don't know about the Chippewa ones but the Kentons can be had fairly regularly on sale at JCrew. I picked up my pair of Kenton cap toes for about $120 on sale in November, currently in need of some TLC as I've scuffed them up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X