X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, the Delorean's outside

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Thanks [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION]. I am looking at purchasing a non-cordovan pair of McAllisters or maybe a pair of Strands. I'm not in a HUGE rush, but would like to get my purchasing done. Although if there is an AE sale coming up (for example a regular annual/bi-annual sale) and the price will drop significantly, I could wait a month or so.
      [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] - there were just a bunch of price drops on the Shoebank overnight - McAllisters and Strands both dropped from $299 to $229. So if you haven't already made your purchases, now might be a good time.

Comment

[MENTION=12504]ELNJ[/MENTION] Yup, they're doing a factory seconds flash sale on the main site so the price drops reflect the sale prices. Snagged a pair of oxblood Warwicks for myself, don't have experience with the 201 last but here's hoping things work out.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=12504]ELNJ[/MENTION]. I'll check it out ASAP! Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by eeewalker View Post
            Right, the Delorean's outside
            Do you take the vest off when inside? If not, I think it's a very hard color and style to match in a professional setting. I know you like down vests, as evidenced in several threads, but that is a bold color and style that to me doesn't flatter your shape or your shirt and tie. Most here would probably advocate a sport coat or maybe even a waist coat if vests are your thing.

Comment

Has SuSu changed the cut of their Lazio suit? I ask b/c I own two three-piece Lazio suits and they fit fine. But I just purchased a third one and the jacket is too short/small. I'm returning the suit BTW.

Anyone have older years/models of the Lazio suit with recent ones? Do they fit the same for you?

Comment

Did you pick this up from the outlet weeks bacK? Or is this a full price purchase?

I haven't had any experience with the Lazio - only shopped the Havana lately. No issues with consistency so far

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] -- I have no experience with Lazio. However, I bought two Napoli suits with less than 6 months between purchases (over a year ago I think). Both are the tagged at the same size. One suit jacket fits me perfectly and the other fits a little large. We're talking about an inch in the shoulders and sleeve length. The fabric is different for both; so, that might have something to do with it. My alterations tailor noticed the differences right away.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=9263]PREID[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14636]Alex1[/MENTION]. I bought the suit new, directly from the online store. I'm going to return in and order a long in the same jacket size. Hopefully that will work out for me and my tailor will be able to do any adjustments needed. Thanks for the info. Cheers.

Comment

Does anyone own a pair of AE Dundee 2.0? How's the sizing compared to the 5 last?

Comment

I have Dundee 2.0s (511 last) in 11D, and Strands (5 last) in 10┬ŻE. My understanding is that this is pretty typical, since the 5 last is longer and narrower than their other lasts.

Comment

Is there a Dappered consensus on wearing a blazer/pants of different fabrics? I like the summerweight blazers that J Crew has out right now, but they're a cotton/linen blend and most of my pants are wool...

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
                            Is there a Dappered consensus on wearing a blazer/pants of different fabrics? I like the summerweight blazers that J Crew has out right now, but they're a cotton/linen blend and most of my pants are wool...
                            I pretty sure it is okay. It matters more what type of weave they are. I wouldn't wear fine fabrics with coarse ones, or lightweight with heavyweight etc.

I am not sure what the consensus would be about the particular combination. What type of wool pants do you have?

Comment

Typically a wool blazer with cotton trousers is more acceptable than a cotton blazer with wool trousers, but I suppose it's possible. I would make sure that:

1. They aren't a seasonal mis-match. So don't wear wool flannel or tweed trousers with a linen jacket.
                              2. They are of a similar formality. Some cotton and linen jackets are very casual, so if you're going to pair the jacket with, for example, tropical weight wool, then make sure the jacket doesn't look distressed or too wrinkled.

Comment

I wore a linen blazer with light weight wool trousers today so I sure hope it is okay lol. I agree with what [MENTION=15502]Spex[/MENTION] said, I think the most important thing is to make sure you dont have an obvious seasonal mismatch or a formality mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                                X