Double Monks and Shorts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Monks and Shorts?

Saw it today. Is this a thing? I know you can go sockless with double monks, but shorts? I actually rather liked the look, but it was rather atypical...

Interesting... were they suede? I think shorts with a suede double or single monk could look fresh. Leather? Not so sure would have to see it in person. I don't think this is a thing...

Comment

It's not a thing. It's wrong.

Comment

If it's a thing, it's a very bad thing, IMO.

"If I saw myself in clothes like that I'd have to kick my own ass." -Happy Gilmore

Comment

Never.

Comment

Was it a short suit? Or just shorts?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
              It's not a thing. It's wrong.
              Well said.

Comment

http://https://www.jcrew.com/mens_fe...LudlowShop.jsp

Short suits....unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
                  Jesus H. Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                    Jesus H. Christ.
                    I kinda like the cotton one, but the rest don't make any sense. I could see wearing it in a more casual setting/creative job that requires a suit.

Comment

I can see why some people might think shorts with monk straps are acceptable. After all, wearing shorts with other loafers (drivers, venetians, boat shoes, pennies, etc) is fairly common.

Personally, though, even though the monk strap is technically a loafer and on the casual end of the dress shoe spectrum, they are still too formal to wear with shorts. IMO shorts are purely "sports wear" and thus any shoe that is not a sports shoe, or derived from a sports shoe (sneakers, boat shoes, sandals, drivers, etc), is incongruous.
                      Ben

Comment

Such a classy look. (Sarcasm intended.)

Comment

monks would look pretty good with a linen / cotton suit like the JC one. make the look extremely casual and its fine IMO, no tie, no belt, impeccable fit, casual button up shirt. But I'm a risk taker.
                          "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                          I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                            monks would look pretty good with a linen / cotton suit like the JC one. make the look extremely casual and its fine IMO, no tie, no belt, impeccable fit, casual button up shirt. But I'm a risk taker.
                            Agreed, especially a printed short sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
                              I kinda like the cotton one, but the rest don't make any sense. I could see wearing it in a more casual setting/creative job that requires a suit.
                              But it's not a suit...it's a little boy school uniform from the 1800s. Yeah, on this I'm opinionated...lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X