Tie Racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tie Racks

I have a burgeoning tie collection...around at least 50 now. I recently purchased a tie rack on amazon.com. One of those as seen on tv deals. Shockingly, it wasn't all that sturdy and could only hold around 24 anyway.

Can anybody recommend a tie rack that holds around 50 or more ties and makes ties easy to access and put back?

Maybe you can get two 25 tie racks? Or maybe start re"tie"ring some of them? I don't know of anything that large.

Comment

Not sure how much space you have or what your price range is. About a year ago I finally broke down and bought this 54-tie automatic rack for $52 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SDVMU4/

I understand it's a bit ridiculous. I think I even told myself I would never buy one of those, "Who has that many ties anyway". Of course one year later mine is full. You can store lots of ties in a relatively small space (width of two ties plus a couple inches). The ties are relatively easy to get in the rack if you rotate the empty slot to the front. The "tines" spread out at the front/curved part and then collapse as they rotate in on the sides. The downside is that it takes batteries, but I haven't had to replace mine yet (thought I cycle it only a few times a week tops).

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I own something very similar to what Yak posted above. Wife purchased it for me. It works ok, holds alot of ties, min I think holds 63. It's almost full though. But I do wear a tie 5days a week.

Comment

@Yacko and Tat: Thanks for pointing that out. I've seen such things before, but none that held that many ties. I'm glad to know they're out there. I've got about 25 ties and I've just hit the upper limit that my existing rack can hold.

Comment

I need to do something about my ties as well. My current system just doesn't work, and I should probably get a seasonal rotation going to thin out the stash I keep. Sadly, I have very little closet space, so I may have to figure something out... maybe go to tie boxes (where you roll them), although those take up a ton of space, too.

Comment

Mentioned this before, but I have this rack on the inside of my closet door so it takes up no closet rod space at all. Could put two or three on the inside of the door, if I had that many ties.

Comment

Working...
              X