Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for good moderately-priced neckties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also suggest Marshall's/Nordstrom Rack etc. They always seem to have decent Calvin Klein/Ben Sherman "semi-skinnny" ties for 10-20 bucks.

Comment

How does the quality compare at each of these stores?

Comment

Originally posted by Rootbizzle View Post
        How does the quality compare at each of these stores?
        Holy zombie thread, Rick.

What stores specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post

For example, how does The Tie Bar compare with Macys?

Comment

Let's start here:

http://putthison.com/post/5802225399...-starting-your

and here:

http://putthison.com/post/4357237618...part-of-a-good

Then go to eBay and put in a search for foulard or Repp which produces some pretty good results for me and check back every couple of days. Aim for Brooks, J.Press, or any of the brands that PTO recommends, and don't spend more than $15 w/ shipping. Pay attention to width and go for something 3" although remember that width is likely to look just as dated as a design in the long run. And figure that if you're paying $5-10 for a tie, if it looks pretty good then it doesn't matter that much how "good" it actually is.

Otherwise people say that Tie Bar is probably best value for money at the low end, although I am never blown away by their patterns. TJ Maxx and Marshalls can have some very nice ties from other stores apparently. I also have lots of love for The Knottery and its cool that they're all made in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootbizzle View Post
              For example, how does The Tie Bar compare with Macys?
              A large percentage of the ties worn in GQ spreads are from The Tie Bar. The quality is great for a $15 dollar tie. How it compares to Macys is kind of a vague question as they have a boat load of different brands there.

Comment

For $15 it's hard to beat the tie bar. I also like Tommy Hilfiger from Marshall's for $13.99 can't beat it 3" wide is my sweet spot. 2.5" for more casual when I want to wear a tie with jeans just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post

At least we know the search function works (and is being used)?

Comment

Working...
                  X