• Show
Clear All

• salo
    replied

I've been trying to just not worry about it, but you guys aren't helping

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

I forgot to mention... The shaver I listed above seems to have height settings. I've never seen that on a sweater shaver before. That would certainly be helpful for avoiding chewing up the garment. Plus the shaver head seems to be the biggest I've seen so that should make the job go faster.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

I gave a sweater stone to my wife for Christmas. She didn't like it. But to be fair, I don't think she gave it a fair shot.

There are sweater shavers, but if you press too hard, you'll chew up the garment. I've used them with success before. This one gets good reviews, though I've never used this particular one:

http://www.brookstone.com/fabric-shaver_8417537_2

The dry cleaner we go to does offer a de-pilling service, but I don't know if most others do or not. Of course, if you have more than a couple of pilled garments, you might be better off doing it on your own.

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira
    replied

I use the sweater stone and it works pretty well. It's a lot of work and they'll never look new again, but it makes them look nice and removes the pills. I've heard good things about the little electric shaver things too, but I haven't tried them.

Leave a comment:

• ninja138
    started a topic Pilling solution

Pilling solution

My new merino wool V-necks are starting to pill... thinking of trying the sweater stone. Has anyone already tried it? Thoughts? Reviews are all over the place online.

Otherwise, I'm back to my detail scissors. I never really got a hang of the razor method...

Working...
X