No announcement yet.

I meant to do that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a long time, I'd never even heard about a no-white rule. I wore white pants all the time. I think I only learned about when I started reading style blogs.

Comment

I basically never wear socks, wear loafers with suits on an almost daily basis, clash patterns, never wear regular collar dress shirts (button downs are more comfortable and my office is casual), have stretched ears, a pierced nose, and visible tattoos, and still manage to pull of the Ivy/Prep look pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshackleford View Post
        I basically never wear socks, wear loafers with suits on an almost daily basis, clash patterns, never wear regular collar dress shirts (button downs are more comfortable and my office is casual), have stretched ears, a pierced nose, and visible tattoos, and still manage to pull of the Ivy/Prep look pretty well.
        This comment is useless without pictures.

Comment

Let's please refrain from parody posts in my thread, please. Thank you.

Comment

Please don't feed into parody posts, either. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
              Not a parody post at all... Sorry if that came across as sarcastic, I literally look nothing like most people on style forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                Duvel, as much as I like this thread, you parody everybody else's threads (although you usually only do so once, and then you're generally helpful), so perhaps it's time your threads got parodied a bit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                  This comment is useless without pictures.
                  I've posted a couple in the WIWT threads, you can't see any of my tattoos, but my ears and nose are visible. My right leg is sailor jerry/traditional inspired, I have small pieces on my feet and ankles, and my forearms are in the process of becoming a sci-fi inspired 3/4 sleeve. I play in punk/hardcore bands. I just have an office job and enjoy menswear, and it seems that I'm always breaking style "rules" by having body mods and other differentiating marks.

Comment

Originally posted by g8trboi
                    I can envision it. You're Wes from TSB plus the tats and piercings.
                    I'm a skinny white dude, but I definitely like his style/would consider it similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Siepi View Post
                      Duvel, as much as I like this thread, you parody everybody else's threads (although you usually only do so once, and then you're generally helpful), so perhaps it's time your threads got parodied a bit as well.
                      Not to mention, it wasn't even a parody post. I never took it as such, either.

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for your cooperation. Continue to post and enjoy the thread! We're getting some very interesting ideas, I think.

Comment

All of my suits are JAB or Men's Warehouse.

Edit: I did have something written excusing my behavior, but screw it.

Comment

I've posted a couple in the WIWT threads, you can't see any of my tattoos, but my ears and nose are visible. My right leg is sailor jerry/traditional inspired, I have small pieces on my feet and ankles, and my forearms are in the process of becoming a sci-fi inspired 3/4 sleeve. I play in punk/hardcore bands. I just have an office job and enjoy menswear, and it seems that I'm always breaking style "rules" by having body mods and other differentiating marks.
                            Good for you. Not something I can relate to, but hey, whatever works for you, right?

Besides, I was more curious than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                              Good for you. Not something I can relate to, but hey, whatever works for you, right?

Besides, I was more curious than anything else.
                              Exactly, style is a representation of yourself regardless.

Comment

Exactly, style is a representation of yourself regardless.
                                If you say so.

I find my style to be a representation of my industry and employer.

Comment

Working...
                                X