No announcement yet.

I meant to do that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I was reading that there might be some military history involved. Supposedly in the army soldiers used to wear the crystals on the inside wrist so they could easily see the time with their rifles raised. The idea also was that there was less chance of glare from the crystal giving your position away. Also, pilots of some planes, due to the configuration of the controls, found it easier to read their watches this way.

Originally posted by JGL View Post
    I've seen a few women do this but never a man. It's a good way to scratch up the crystal of a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
      never tuck in my dress shirts (even at work in an office)

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
        Ha ha.

Comment

I think a lot of the rules are meant to help people that have trouble doing style on their own. Once you have a feel for what you like to wear and look good in, you can bend or break them. Otherwise you aren't making any kind of personal expression, you are painting by numbers. I am sure there are tons of "rules" I break without knowing it but here are a couple i do on purpose...

I wear white athletic socks with chinos or whatever when I am wearing my canvas shoes. I like the feel and I feel my feet way more than other people see my ankles. At least it isnt black socks and sandals.

I shoe shop like a woman...several inexpensive pairs as opposed to a couple of expensive pairs.

I do a tie with no jacket at work. By the end of the day the top button is often unbuttoned and my sleeves are often rolled. Most people doing my job wouldn't wear a tie at all so whatever.

I tuck in my OCBD about 60% of the time, even with jeans. I only untuck button ups after a long day and a rough commute or on the weekends.

Comment

I still wear crew neck tshirts with some of my button up shirts because I like the way the look better. I tie a tie once and then slip it off and hang it up so it's ready to go next time in need it. I don't wear them very often at all. So if it's bad for them in the long run, I just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by JPD Revised View Post
              I don't always wear a watch, but when I do, I prefer to wear it on my right wrist.

I'm left-handed, by the way.
              I wear my watch on the right hand as well. Also left handed.
              "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
              I>0<I

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                I've seen a few women do this but never a man. It's a good way to scratch up the crystal of a watch.
                If it's a real crystal it will not scratch. The only natural object that can scratch a saphire crystal is a diamond. If it's a glass watch that's a different story...

Comment

I have a pair of british tan wing tips with blue laces that I love wearing with a navy suit.

Comment

Originally posted by sdezutti View Post
                    I have a pair of british tan wing tips with blue laces that I love wearing with a navy suit.
                    What brand? My main rule breaker is that I tend to wear wingtips and 1/2 brogues with everything. And yes, I own a couple pairs of Cole Haan Lunargrand bluchers with neon soles.

Regards,
                    Vic
                    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
                      What brand? My main rule breaker is that I tend to wear wingtips and 1/2 brogues with everything. And yes, I own a couple pairs of Cole Haan Lunargrand bluchers with neon soles.

Regards,
                      Vic
                      The pair I am referring to are Ted Baker. I absolutely love them and they may be the most comfortable shoes I own. I also have quite a few Cole Haan. Some people bash Cole Haan for some reason; maybe because they've gotten a little flashy. But they are very well made shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                        Used to do this, but I now wear my watch on my left wrist as a lefty. The reason is that with a full-time desk job (which typically involves much more than 40 hours a week), I'm using a mouse all the time with my right hand, and I found that the watch band would obstruct my usual movements.

Comment

Sapphire might not scratch but it will chip!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                            Sapphire might not scratch but it will chip!
                            True, it's not indestructible. In actuality I should have said it's extremely difficult to scratch; but I think it is possible to scratch one if you try hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
                              Make that 3.

Comment

Aren't you "supposed to" wear your watch on the right hand if you are left handed? I thought this was common amongst southpaws? In fact, if I recall correctly, Columbo solved a case because a known lefty had a watch on the wrong hand.
                                Last edited by JGL; May 19, 2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X