Spier and Mackay Shirts Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheresbrando View Post
    Rick- any idea when there will be a restock of the trousers? Looking forward to picking up some sharkskin blue and light grey ones, but not much available for a 32in waist.
    Which Sharkskin? The Navy or Medium Blue? We have a restock of core coming this week. So the basic Navy and two grey. Then the next release will be in February for Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
      Which Sharkskin? The Navy or Medium Blue? We have a restock of core coming this week. So the basic Navy and two grey. Then the next release will be in February for Spring.
      will the restock include dark grey pants in the contemporary fit?

Comment

Originally posted by jack7 View Post
        will the restock include dark grey pants in the contemporary fit?
        Yes, both Slim and Contemporary of the Core Navy and Grey will be restocked and online tomorrow.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION], will you guys be restocking the blue prince of wales in a size 32 (slim) anytime soon? I'm desperately waiting on it!

Comment

Originally posted by sabrown View Post
            [MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION], what did you think of the Flannels? I've been debating picking up a pair... Would you say they are a mid-weight?
            I'm still undecided how I feel about them to be honest. They are definitely not heavyweight, and they have very subtle texture for a flannel. I have JCrew Bowery and Lands End flannels that are a bit heavier and have a more textured feel. These are almost a cross between those and a worsted wool. That said, I'm going to try them in the next size up because I still think they'll be versatile enough for three season wear, and I liked the color and the construction seemed quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
              I'm still undecided how I feel about them to be honest. They are definitely not heavyweight, and they have very subtle texture for a flannel. I have JCrew Bowery and Lands End flannels that are a bit heavier and have a more textured feel. These are almost a cross between those and a worsted wool. That said, I'm going to try them in the next size up because I still think they'll be versatile enough for three season wear, and I liked the color and the construction seemed quality.
              That's very helpful information. I don't think I want to go lighter than the Bowery for my flannel pants.

Comment

The flannels are definitely not suitable for colder temperatures. However, the construction is excellent and the texture allows for it to be paired easily with dressier fits. With the current promotion (20% off reg priced trousers), it's a steal, IMO.

Comment

[MENTION=12594]wasbo[/MENTION] the Blue POW is a seasonal fabric and we will not be restocking for our spring collection. It did perform incredibly well and may see a repeat next fall.

That said, we do have the cloth in stock and they can be made on request as part of our MTO program.

RE: Flannel

Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll look at running heavier flannel for next F/W. We intentionally went with a lighter weight as most of our customers wear these to the office and are predominantly indoors, so we didn't want to go with anything too thick to overheat in, in an office environment. That said, they sold incredibly well and the feedback has been positive. But many are asking for thicker flannel and we will be looking into that moving forward.

Cheers,
                  Rick

Comment

Rick- How often do you restock your contemporary shirts? A couple styles I really like are out of my size.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      Rick- How often do you restock your contemporary shirts? A couple styles I really like are out of my size.
                      We only really restock basic items like plain whites and blues. Everything else is pretty seasonal and in limited runs. We only cut 25-35 pcs in any design. Once we sell out, we simply move on to the next design.

Starting in January, we will bringing new designs in every other week.

Which particular designs were you looking at and I can check the store inventory for you. In some instances, we may have the item in store and not online.

Comment

Originally posted by SpierMackay View Post
                        We only really restock basic items like plain whites and blues. Everything else is pretty seasonal and in limited runs. We only cut 25-35 pcs in any design. Once we sell out, we simply move on to the next design.

Starting in January, we will bringing new designs in every other week.

Which particular designs were you looking at and I can check the store inventory for you. In some instances, we may have the item in store and not online.
                        Grey murry pencil stripe in a 15 in contemporary fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                          Grey murry pencil stripe in a 15 in contemporary fit.
                          15 or 15 1/2? This shirt was never cut in a 15 contemporary, only 15 Slim or 15 1/2 Contemporary.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]

I purchased a three shirt bundle a few weeks ago, and when I was inspecting one of the shirts last night I saw a small, but still noticeable tear the fabric. I'd like to get a replacement, but I don't have the shipping materials anymore. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by DManX04 View Post
                              [MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION]

I purchased a three shirt bundle a few weeks ago, and when I was inspecting one of the shirts last night I saw a small, but still noticeable tear the fabric. I'd like to get a replacement, but I don't have the shipping materials anymore. Any suggestions?
                              Email customer service at [email protected] to get an RA#.

Re: shipping materials are you talking about the packaging the shirt came with or the box it was shipped in? No need for either, just need to send the shirt back in a secure package.

Comment

[MENTION=12087]SpierMackay[/MENTION] how long will the suits be on sale for? If I understand correctly, the navy pinstripe is $318 CAD + 20% Off, so $254 CAD? Which is about $225 USD. Is that correct?

Can anyone comment on the overall quality of these suits and how they fit compared to my JC Ludlow in a 38

Comment

Working...
                                X