Brown Shoes: Just Plain Don't Like Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Shoes: Just Plain Don't Like Them

So I have 8 - 10 pairs of boots, casual, and dress shoes. They're all black. Come to think of it, I don't really like brown anything aside from khakis. Anyone else fall into this boat?

I did buy the Steve Madden Bristole boot in tan recently. Trying to pull together that Daniel Craig Esquire mag cover posted on Dappered a little while back.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite.

Comment

I'm exactly the opposite. In fact, I found a pair of black AE loafers in good condition in my size but I'm gonna sell them because I just don't wear black. I'd keep a pair of Park Avenues or something in case I got a tux, but other than that I'll always go with brown.

Comment

X3. No black whatsoever in my closet.

Comment

I think most people are the exact opposite, myself included. I have like 5 pairs of brown shoes, boots and chukkas but only 1 pair of black dress shoes (in case) and a pair of casual leather moc shoes I just got but haven't worn yet. And even those have a brown sole.

Comment

I'll join the opposite-ers. I thrifted some nice black Allen Edmonds loafers, but I have trouble finding occasions to wear them because black+casual doesn't really click for me. I can really only wear them with dark jeans or wool trousers - chinos or cords, no way.

Ben

Comment

for me personally, it's not the color of the shoe that makes it casual, it's the design.

Comment

I have a couple pairs of black, but mostly in the brown color range.

I like his brown shoes throughout the movie:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/q...eBond/aa13.jpg

Comment

I'm pretty much in thirds. one third black, one third brown, one third grey.

Comment

For quite a while, I went with a dominant black shoe/boot collection. I had some brown in there, but it was like 1 brown pair for every 4 black pairs (yes, I realize I have a lot of shoes).

Lately, I've been purging things, especially when it comes to a lot of the casual shoes/fashion sneakers and the like that I have. I recently ordered 2 pairs of brown shoes (including my first pair of wingtips in a while) off of Florsheim, and a more casual pair for work and laid back nights from Aldo. Coupled with a pair of brown boots also from Florsheim, and that should cover my need for all things brown for a while. I've got a pair of black lace ups, black slip ons, and black boots, so variety for all occasions is now covered.

Comment

I own just one pair of black shoes, suitable for a grey or black suit. The rest are brown except for some grayish casual shoes.

Comment

frost, I used to be like you, but I've switched over to the less-Dark Side.

Try it! The water's great!

Or...

Everyone else is doing it!

Or...

Chicks dig it!

Comment

I wear black shoes frequently, but only to work, where I exclusively wear black and dark brown with my suits. On the other hand, I find it very difficult to match black shoes with anything I wear casually.

Comment

Nowadays I only have one pair of black shoes; AE Park Avs. But then I have 5 pair of brown shoes/boots and two pair of grey.

Comment

I tend to wear brown for my more casual shoes, such as boots. Most of my dress shoes are black, but I do have a pair of AE Van Ness in burgundy and I love the color. I want to expand my dress shoes to include more browns also.

Comment

Working...
                              X