Good quality, affordable dress shirts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good quality, affordable dress shirts??

I recently bought a few pairs of wool pants at Bonobos. I need to grab a few dress shirts to work with them. I'd like to get them today, and I'd like them to somewhat "affordable". I know affordable is relative, but for me, I was hoping a sale price or house brand like Nordstrom's might foot the bill. Any suggestions? "Tailored" fit is what I need and I am willing to take them to the tailor to achieve that look if needed. Too many options for me right now...paralysis by analysis.

If you need them today and you have a Nordstrom nearby, go over there and try some things on.

Comment

Thanks, Jason. I will.

Comment

Nordstrom Smartcare Trim fit. Do it.

Comment

I agree with Jason.

You may want to try H&M as well, because their slim fit is terrific. Some might suggest that the "quality" isn't there, but considering they are normally $25 or less and require no extra tailoring - they are still a great bargain IMO.

Comment

As discussed here recently, the SmartCare line is great if you want to wash and dry at home. The Calibrate is another house brand of theirs that gets high marks from folks here too. The 1901 line seems good but not as solid.

Goes without saying in some ways but bears repeating in others... Be sure to get the right size. I have a bunch of shirts that I bought on sale but were an inch off in sizing. That was money down the drain. The collar should be snug enough to only let one or two fingers fit between it and your neck. The armholes should be high, sleeves trim, chest and body should have plenty of room to let you move without extra fabric bunching up.

Sleeve length should be just past your wrist (most would say) touching right at the base of where your thumb starts. I'm just now figuring this out myself.

Now to decide between button or French cuffs! Probably button for versatility...but I do like wearing my new cuff links.

Comment

Working...
            X