Pocket Squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket Squares

I just want a plain and simple white pocket square. I went on Amazon and found one for $5. I also saw one on ebay for $2.50. What should I expect to pay for one of these guys?

Go to Target and get a 3-pack for $3-4

Comment

It depends on the quality you want; if quality isn't an issue, head over to Target (or one of the online places you mentioned) and buy Merona brand 3 pack of handkerchiefs and use them as pocket squares. They're cotton and low end, but they do the trick. I bought a box that had a white one, gingham blue, and brown gingham and I've used them all.

For a little higher quality, you could buy the hand rolled cotton ones (in a variety of patterns) from someplace like thetiebar.com.

I don't have silk pocket squares as that's a little too formal, even for me

Comment

Ditto Jason.

Ben

Comment

Looks like I'm heading to Target

Comment

Walmart also has a 6-pack that I've used a time or two as squares. For a unique look, ask your tailor--mine always has a few one of a kind ones in interesting fabrics that she charges me 7-10 for.

Comment

A little off topic here, but what are the ideal dimensions for a pocket square? LEC ones are 14x14 which seem waaayyy too big to me. Tie Bar is down to 10.5. Even the Target ones are a little too big but manageable because the fabric isn't as thick.

Comment

I thought 10x10 was the standard?

Comment

I have the white cotton handkerchiefs from Target and I actually had to cut one in half to get it to fit in my pocket without feeling like it was stretching it too much at the seams. Fits much better, though I'd look like a fool if I ever had to remove it in a social setting

Comment

Yeah. Like aren't you supposed to be able to fold it in half twice to get it easily in your pocket? Maybe the blazers/jackets I own have small pockets?

Comment

Now I'm even more confused. The Target ones I have are 15 inches (although they are technically handkerchiefs), and a lot of the Tie Bar ones are 13 inches. I measured most of my blazer pockets and they are 4-4.5 inches wide. What gives?

Side bar: I was in Dillard's the other day and asked if they had pocket squares. The first guy had no idea what I was even talking about. The woman said, "Oh you mean handkerchiefs? Over here." She directed me to some rolled up white handkerchiefs. No actually pocket squares. No colors or patterns. Funny how something can be so in-style on the internet and basically non-existent in middle america.

Comment

Originally posted by jose_jackson View Post
                        Now I'm even more confused. The Target ones I have are 15 inches (although they are technically handkerchiefs), and a lot of the Tie Bar ones are 13 inches. I measured most of my blazer pockets and they are 4-4.5 inches wide. What gives?

Side bar: I was in Dillard's the other day and asked if they had pocket squares. The first guy had no idea what I was even talking about. The woman said, "Oh you mean handkerchiefs? Over here." She directed me to some rolled up white handkerchiefs. No actually pocket squares. No colors or patterns. Funny how something can be so in-style on the internet and basically non-existent in middle america.
                        The Dillard's here has them, but they also have a much larger tailored clothing section than other Dillard's I've seen.

Comment

The purely decorative ones are a lot smaller than standard handkerchiefs, but you can just do a standard square tv fold using the smallest/thinnest handkerchief you can find, then doing a small/partial fold for the perfect width for your breast pocket. So yeah, it won't be a perfect square fold but that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by winghus View Post
                            The Dillard's here has them, but they also have a much larger tailored clothing section than other Dillard's I've seen.
                            uhhh...what's with digging up multiple pocket square threads that have been closed for years? This was a 5 year old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                              uhhh...what's with digging up multiple pocket square threads that have been closed for years? This was a 5 year old thread.
                              Haha, I noticed that too. I guess it's a fun/hot topic right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X