Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Wedding

Hey fellas,

I'm looking for some advice. My sister is having an outdoor wedding this summer (end of May) and I need to figure out what I'm wearing. She's pretty unconventional and doesn't care about matching colors or anything in the wedding party. So it's totally up to me. I need everything, head to toe. I've been looking specifically at the J. Crew Ludlow suits (particularly those featured in the most recent Thursday handful for 30% off) and the Suitsupply summer colored suits. I definitely want something lighter in color - most likely either a light blue or a light gray. Also, I'm tall and thin, so I need everything in tall, slim sizes. What do you guys recommend for suits, sharp dress shirts, ties, belts, and shoes?

I'm still redeveloping my style, so any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

UPDATE: As several have pointed out, budget is obviously a huge factor. Sorry for neglecting to include that. I'm hoping to stay under $400 for the suit, but I'm willing to stretch that a little for just the right one. I'd like to keep a shirt to around $50. And I'd like to keep the shoes under $150, but again I'm willing to stretch that for the right pair.
    Last edited by dannyrk; April 26, 2014, 09:05 PM.

What's your budget?

Comment

It's your sister's wedding, not yours, so I wouldn't get too obsessive about how you're going to look. The day is hers not yours. Just do the best you can with a decent suit and shirt and tie and you'll be good.

Comment

Indochino, custom-made suits.
        Last edited by LesserBlackDog; April 26, 2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Please refrain from posting referral links outside the specific referral link thread. Thank you.
          Ben

Comment

Budget is going to be a key determining factor - so definitely need a price range.

I recently picked up this Medium Grey Wool-Cotton Ludlow for $270. My local J.Crew is still running 40% off sale items (rather than the 30% off online). It only comes with the Slim pants, so I had to size up to get them to fit my thighs and calves! I think its a lighter/medium grey in person:

I like that the peak lapels are slightly wider than the standard Ludlow, but aren't ready to take flight either. I also saw the new blue linen Ludlow in store, and the new fabric (Italian rather than Baird McNutt) is pretty awesome in person.

Comment

I say a tuxedo t-shirt, some light colored Docker Alpha Khakis, and a pair Reef flip flops. Oh and don't forget at cummerbund to match.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                I say a tuxedo t-shirt, some light colored Docker Alpha Khakis, and a pair Reef flip flops. Oh and don't forget at cummerbund to match.
                better if the Reef flip flops has the bottle opener @ the bottom of the soles.

Comment

My budget is somewhat flexible. I'm hoping to stay under $400 for the suit, but I don't have a suit I like to wear right now. So I may stretch that a little bit for just the right suit. For shirts, I'd like to keep it to around $50. For shoes, probably under $150, but again I can stretch that for the right pair.

Comment

I know you said that you were looking at the summer colored suits, but if you don't have a suit you're comfortable with, I'd suggest maybe a medium grey. That way, it's a suit you can wear for a wide variety of occasions, and you won't have a suit that you like, but just doesn't work in a bunch of situations.

Comment

Yeah, what [MENTION=11235]Domino[/MENTION] said - if you need a suit more generally, as well as to wear to this wedding, I'd recommend something basic and versatile. A medium grey is a great option. Suitsupply is a bit of a stretch for your budget, but they've got some nice grey suits: Grey suits.

Meanwhile JCPenney's Stafford suits can be had for under $200: jcpenney.com. The grey wool-linen looks like it has potential, but I don't have experience with these suits and haven't seen the fabric in person...

Comment

Originally posted by jackbauer24 View Post
                        better if the Reef flip flops has the bottle opener @ the bottom of the soles.
                        You're always thinking Jack. Right on the money as usual.

Comment

Don't forget this: http://dappered.com/2014/03/the-suit...-fit-in-linen/

My wallet shrunk when I discovered Dappered.com, but the man in the mirror says it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X