Banana Republic Double Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana Republic Double Monk

Hey guys so I was at the mall today and I wanted to treat myself for not making any purchases during lent and I came across these....

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=950349002

They didn't have them in person and I was told that I couldn't purchase them online...well they were misinformed you can....I got them $91 because BR is 35% off today. They actually ended up being cheaper than these....http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/1901-lyn...esults-_-1_5_D ....which I already own and will most likely return once the BR monks come in.

I know people are sick of monks but I would appreciate some feedback on the two...I know the latter was reviewed previously but some help on the BR monks would be great...

In person they are the same exact color and much sleeker compared to the Nordstrom d. monks but not chiseled like the mercantis.

thank guys!

Well. They're okay. I'm not in love with them, though.

Comment

I assume you are referring to both?

I agree but for a shoe what won't get worn very often I feel like the BR is a little more versatile...

Comment

Perhaps. If I were being forced at gunpoint to wear these, I'd choose the BR over Nordstrom's. I'm not sure that's very helpful for you, though.

Comment

I would hold off on wearing the BR double monks if I were you. You could easily get them cheaper. 35% off at BR isn't very good. Often enough they have at least a 40% off code that can be stacked with the email sign up 25% off.

Comment

zcm....thank you for reminding me I totally forgot I had that code sitting in a different email account...I really like them or at least want to try them out so I reordered and am now getting them for $68

Comment

That's not a bad price, but my experience with BR shoes has been pretty bad, so I'm no longer buying any of their shoes. I'll save up and get something better quality. But for a beater shoe, $68 isn't bad.

Comment

I agree but I just can't bring myself to spend close $200 on a pair of shoes that will get very little wear in my rotation. I've wanted a pair of suede double monks for a while and for $68 I think it's a good experiment.

Comment

Working...
                X