Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zack Malibu
    replied

The shirt fit well over a standard t-shirt/undershirt, and I'm assuming it will shrink a little since previous GAP/Old Navy/BR purchases tend to get smaller in the wash (at least in my experience). I'm 5'11 and 160 lbs. with an average/skinny build, but even the GAP slim fit shirts in size large feel a bit tight on me after a few washes.

Didn't bother to go back for the jacket, but may head back for the pants. There was a slim fit shirt there that I liked (almost a black/white gingham style) and it can be had for around $12. I might pick that up and just hang dry it to prevent shrinkage.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

The denim jacket is a personal decision. I don't care for it, but I also don't care for leather jackets. The moleskin blazer looks sweet and was a killer price. I would love to check that out.

For the pants, if they fit, why not! Nice work.

I don't know what fits your midsection, but the classic fit shirts may be more width than you need. Something to consider when contemplating the true cost of an item.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

I haven't stepped foot inside a GAP in years, but it sounds like I might have to go check it out after all.

Leave a comment:

• Zack Malibu
    started a topic GAP finds-Extra 40% off clearance

GAP finds-Extra 40% off clearance

Talk about luck. After dining out with some friends last night, I took a walk through the mall, mainly just to kill time and window shop. Wandered into the GAP and noticed they were adding an extra 40% off the clearances prices in store (I haven't noticed this sale online...last I checked it was the standard 30% off sale). I wound up with a decent haul, with other things to consider.

Things I purchased:

GAP Italian moleskin blazer (the very one recommended on this site last month)

Small blue check dress shirt (button down collar, original fit)

2 ties (one navy with bolder blue dots, the other a white/black striped tie).

Total for the haul? $64. The blazer, which retailed for $118 and only got as low as $55, only cost me $29 after the sale. Just like the article said I had to size up (I'm normally 40R, this is a 42R) and it fit perfectly.

Lots of options on shirts and sweater. I did have 2 items I was debating on, and opinions would be welcome. The GAP Denim Jacket was there in my size and can be had for roughly $14 after the extra 40%, but it's been a long time since I wore a denim jacket so I'm unsure if I can still pull it off (I'm 31 and haven't worn one in about 10 years). It's a darker denim, you're almost not even able to tell it's denim. The other are the GAP straight fit pants in a brown hue, they fit OK and can allow for a little shrinking in the wash, but I'm not much of a fan of the flap pockets on the back.

So there you have it. Been reading for a while, but this is my first post. Wanted to share in the greatness of the sale so you guys can get out there, and get some opinions on what I mentioned, or what I should look for when I venture back this weekend.

Working...
X