Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• videorecipes
    replied

Mike B - Land's End's return policy is probably the best thing about them. Anything, any time, for any reason. It took me eight months to decide that I didn't like two blazers I had purchased last year. I was able to return them and get my full refund with no hassle or any problems at all.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Mike B
    replied

Ok, I received my order yesterday there's good news and bad news. This is the first time I've ordered from Land's End Canvas so I had no idea what to expect in terms of fit and quality.

The Bad News

The oxford blazer (in medium) was not a good fit for me. Much too big in the body and I did find that the lower part of the blazer did apron out a bit. I did like the look, feel and construction of the blazer. I'm going to see if I can wrangle an exchange for a small through a local Sears store (I think the Land's End rep said I could do this).

The Good News

I was suprised by the fit of the poplin shirt I ordered. I took a chance and ordered a small. My biggest fear with a small shirt is that the sleeves will be too short but the sleeve length was almost perfect. The body was nicely trim and the material is light weight, perfect for a summer shirt. I also liked the khaki web belt that rounded out the order, it seems like it will last longer than the Army/Navy type web belts I usually buy.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Only one way to find out! If your shoulders are any bigger than mine, though, the small would be too small.

Leave a comment:

• Mike B
    replied

Hardrain, I ordered a webbed belt for $11 (which I needed anyway) and a $16 shirt to get the free shipping.

Nicolas, that fit looks great. I'm wondering if the medium will be too big on me.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Here is my 4th of July getup from today with the nailhead blazer.

Leave a comment:

• Hardrain
    replied

MikeB how did you get the free shipping under $50?

Leave a comment:

• Mike B
    replied

Ordered it ($25 with free returns to store is just too tempting). I went with the medium because my shoulders are slighty broad for my frame, 38's usually fit me, 36's never do. I'll post my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• tomservo
    replied

I picked one up when they were $20 bucks or something absurd. Not terrible but needs some tailoring.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Small. Part of what's crazy about the fit is that it has exceptionally small shoulders, which is perfect for my build and for my definition of fit. There's no extra fabric in the shoulders, no divot at the top of the arm, etc. If you have wider shoulders than I do, you may run out of room. Still - I would give it a shot because it's made for us.

Leave a comment:

• Mike B
    replied

Nicolas, since I'm one of the three guys who shares your build, I'm considering buying this jacket. What size did you get, medium or small?

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Finally tried it on in store, and to use Joe's favorite cliché, the nailhead fit is nails. Sleeves, body, length, everything. No wonder no one else liked it - it was made for me! Yeah, all 3 of us who are 6'1" and 145 lbs. I'll get a WIWT pic eventually. $25.

Leave a comment:

• trash
    replied

Same here, it fit weird and was too long on me. Didn't look as good up close as it does in the picture, the nailhead pattern almost looks like vertical stripes. If you have a store near by you could always give it a try and return it if you don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

FWIW, I ordered one and promptly returned it. Fit weird and looked weird. Wife hated it even more than I did.

Leave a comment:

• splitplug
    replied

It doesn't look like it fits the model properly, but it might just be that particular guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X