HELP - Dry cleaner shrunk my shirts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - Dry cleaner shrunk my shirts!

My old dry cleaners recently closed so I had to find another place to get them done. The first place charged waaay too much, but the second place was reasonable and the people seemed friendly, plus they got the shirts nice and clean. However, as I tried to put on a number of the shirts, I realized they were smaller! With the exception of one, they're not smaller than I can't wear them, but the collar is now uber tight when the top button is done. As I wear a tie everyday, this poses a problem.

My question is, what to do? Obviously I need to find a new dry cleaner, but what to do about the shirts? Take them to a place and have the top button moved over slightly? Get one of those infomercial button extenders?

Button extender. Like a 1/4" one. I've seen them at department stores in the past.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I've never used one, but this one looks promising:

http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Button-Collar-Expanders-Extender/dp/B0008172YS

It includes a spring loop that should theoretically pull your collar closed without choking you.

Comment

Ask the dry cleaner to replace them?

Comment

LOL, I have to admit I have a Wonder Button around somewhere. It does what it's supposed to do, but it does make things looks a little off due to the extra spacing and it's not exactly easy to get on and off.

Ever since I started asking for "no starch" on the shirts, my collars have stopped getting shrunk at the cleaners.

Comment

I was reading about how starch can wear the fabric faster too. I switched to a light starch after that.

Comment

I guess I'll have to look for one of those extenders. I always say light or no starch as it's not good for the fabric and I'm not a fan of cardboard shirts.

Comment

Working...
              X