• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    CJJ

• CJJ
    replied

White pocket square and coral pin dot tie are on the way from thetiebar.com

Now I want the Hugo Boss Pin Dot Die that Joe had on a couple of years ago... That thing is NICE.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    Varsity Member

• nicholascrawford
    replied

White would be great with the shirt and the pin dot pattern. And you could wear it over and over.

Leave a comment:

• hornsup84
    Super Moderator

• hornsup84
    replied

I think a white square is the way to go, but I tend toward white squares in most instances that are somewhat dressy.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    Dappered Veteran

• alan
    replied

A white pocket square is a safe bet and easy to find.

Leave a comment:

• CJJ

• CJJ
    replied

Ok Men, after much debate and consideration... Here it is:

White French Cuff Shirt: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=77350&vid=2&pid=710406&scid=7104060 42

Coral Pin Dot Tie: http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page....tionValueIds=2

And now to find a suitable pocket square... Worse case scenario, I go white.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    Varsity Member

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Yeah!

Nice shirt selection. You could wear a darker purple patterned tie with that, but the satin tie you already have may be too shiny of a texture. Kind of have to try. A black tie would technically work, but you want something more than that. This is a wedding celebration.

Leave a comment:

• CJJ

• CJJ
    replied

Well I got an email today from BR for 40% on regularly priced item... I got this shirt:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=710406042

I like that the texture and the French Cuffs are a plus. Went to Macy's and couldnt find the tie that Alan recommended but couldnt find it. If I dont find something on Ebay or TieBar.com, I'm going to Marshalls/Nordstrom Rack tomorrow.

P.S. My wife thinks its hilarios/sad that I am posting on the discussion forum, she didnt think that other men where as into clothes as I am. MEN WITH STYLE UNITE ON DAPPERED.COM!!!

Leave a comment:

• LosRockets
    Dappered Veteran

• LosRockets
    replied

Second checking Marshall's for ties. Found a nice BB 346 one a few weeks ago.

Also "LOL!!! I like the tie and if I get it I will NEVER hear the end of it from my wife because she suggested something almost identical this weekend and I said "Nah, I want something I can use again since I dont buy ties that often". Perhaps I need to broaden my horizons." ---> If that's the case, get the tie You'll never hear the end of it but that's really because she's happy you listened to her!

Leave a comment:

• jason_carreira

• jason_carreira
    replied

@CJJ I don't really do shirts at Macy's anymore. I would say check out ctshirts.com but you won't get your shirts from the UK in time. Check the Nordstrom Rack and BR for slim fit or fitted shirts. I've got a BR shirt on today that's as good as my Brooks Brothers shirts, and the John W. Nordstrom shirts are supposed to be pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    Dappered Veteran

• alan
    replied

Chareth, it's called Beau Brummel Soho. They had several under that name at Marshalls, and they were pretty much all tasteful (at least the ones in my store). I really can't find much on the brand. It doesn't seem available through regular retail outlets. It's 100% silk and handmade in China.

Leave a comment:

• Chareth
    Varsity Member

• Chareth
    replied

Oh, I see I missed that he's not the officiant. Yeah, I could see why it works if you're saying it's a much darker red.

What is the brand of that second tie, btw? I really love it.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    Dappered Veteran

• alan
    replied

Chareth, he won't be the officiant this time. Just a guest. I dunno... Doesn't seem that loud to me. FWIW, the tie is much darker in person... And the pink is much lighter in person... Maybe it's one of those "you had to be there" sort of things. *shrug*

Leave a comment:

• Chareth
    Varsity Member

• Chareth
    replied

@Alan, love the second tie from Marshall's, although I have to admit I don't care for the red paisley. Red tie and pink shirt with a black suit? I dunno. Black suits are hard enough to properly color match as it is. I agree with hardrain that that combo seems like a little much for the officiant, unless he clears it with the bride and groom ahead of time. Even outside of that, I think the OP could probably find a better combination.

Leave a comment:

• salo

• salo
    replied

@Hardrain: the safety pin is a good idea, thanks.

@hornsup84: I don't go for large knots either, but I always use the half windsor tied tightly. I'll have to try the four-in-hand, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CJJ

• CJJ
    replied

@ Jason, thanks for the shirt offer but not really big on yellow. Hey, you sound about my size. What dress shirts do you get at Macys (or any other store really) that dont have enough excess material to build a sail out of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X