X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex
    replied
    Originally posted by alan View Post
    Actually, that's a lie. I did recently spend some money on clothing, but it's for my wife and it's the sort of thing a gentleman doesn't discuss. :-O
    Best possible use of clothing money IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied
    Still haven't spent a penny, but I'm planning on getting those flip flops when I get around to it.

Actually, that's a lie. I did recently spend some money on clothing, but it's for my wife and it's the sort of thing a gentleman doesn't discuss. :-O

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Finally broke down and pick up two new pair of Dockers Alphas during the most recent sale. I wear the couple pair I already own pretty consistently, and ended up getting the two pair for <$30 shipped.

Back to spending no money again...

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Congrats to Alex, Alan, and MarkB for successfully completing challenge.

Leave a comment:

• davidw25
    replied
    Well boys, I know I didn't quite make it (one pair of jeans I couldn't pass up and I love them), but I am very proud of myself as that was the only purchase I made! Congrats to those of you who made it.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex View Post
    [MENTION=2573]alan[/MENTION],
    I understand that. We just got hit with an $1800 medical bill, $1200 clutch replacement and pay for grad-school (thankfully my company is helping a lot on the last one). So much for moving forward with cash savings and this is why I'm considering a ~$200 2nd suit as opposed to trying anything fancy.

Also...anyone interested in a Vectra 1800 weight machine?
    I know all about this. The week we were at Disney, the truck was in the shop to the tune of $3800.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Originally posted by DMTT View Post
    I was just given $100 in giftcards to TJMaxx/Marshalls at our annual work-party, so I'll probably be visiting over there off/on after the 4th.

FYI, I believe those gift cards can also be used at Sierra Trading Post.
    This is good to know.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    Yup, nice work guys! I definitely fell off the wagon, then disassembled the wagon, then burned the pieces (that is, I bought a bunch of stuff after I bailed). That said, it was a good exercise and I think my spending was lower and smarter than usual during the last 90 days.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    I had to get my iPad replaced at the apple store today and there is a HUGE sale going on at original penguin. The had "the earl" polos for $20. I'll definitely be going back in there this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• DMTT
    replied
    I was just given $100 in giftcards to TJMaxx/Marshalls at our annual work-party, so I'll probably be visiting over there off/on after the 4th.

FYI, I believe those gift cards can also be used at Sierra Trading Post.

Leave a comment:

• sabrown
    replied
    Congrats to the 3 that made it to the end! Great challenge!

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    I personally don't care about the 1 day at this point. You 3 get credit for going this long without making any purchases. It must have been tough to resist all those temptations.

I can't speak for anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm glad I decided to participate in this challenge. It definitely helped me see how much unnecessary stuff I was buying and how I don't 'need' to buy something just because it's on sale.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Yeah, I had it going until the 4th. Alan must really be itching to buy something so he counted out the exact number of days. Did 1 of the months have 31 days in there?
    I was just counting 90 days. No matter. I can go another.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Yeah, I had it going until the 4th. Alan must really be itching to buy something so he counted out the exact number of days. Did 1 of the months have 31 days in there?

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    Originally posted by alan View Post
    Done!!!
    I never counted out the days, but I thought someone said early on that it ended on the 4th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X