New P90X - The Vicious/Yoyo 90 day challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Here's another story that you won't enjoy but I'll share anyways since it gives you an idea of my mindset.
    [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION], I appreciate the story. It's not that I don't agree with respecting limits and setting boundaries, it just struck me as extreme for the proposed challenge. That said, my 2 cents aren't worth its weight in lint.

And speaking of the challenge, I would love to of signed up, but there's a bosslady person who is going to be miffed if I don't make a specific puchase within the next 90 days. I'm going to need a different type of support group for that. :P Best of luck!

Comment

I would like to do this. i just made a jean purchase at the end of march, and all my money is reserved for bills in april.... so i think i could handle this.

--damn, didn't know there was a deadline

Comment

I have broken the 60 day one for a thrift find but I had always put that into my conditions anyways. But 90 more days is too much, however like [MENTION=6633]Duvel[/MENTION] I am trying to spend only cash in hand and save up for some decent stuff.

Comment

I got my shoe fix with the recent AE sale so I'm really not expecting to have any problems with this challenge.

Comment

Anyone down for wagers? IE. If you bail, you have to buy a $5 gift card for the winner?

Comment

What if there are 5 winners?

Comment

I had thought about something like that. Maybe everyone puts in $10 each and then the money is split amongst whomever is left at the end. That way it makes it a bit more competitive. But then it's a bit like gambling so not sure how the site would feel about it. It also gives people more of a reason to lie. We are going based off the honor system and there's no real way to enforce or verify anything.

Comment

Good point. Just in it for the ladies then...

Comment

It's not really gambling since there's no element of chance. It's purely a contest of resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                      Ha! Of course I can. I won't, but I can. I'm actually in the "sell your firstborn" camp for a pair of Alden cigar shell longwings. They just don't come around very often, it seems, and the Alden fanatic community is much more on top of this stuff than I am, so it's un-bloody-likely. But if a pair does come my way, I'm totally trading in one of the kids.
                      Have you tried to put an order through Leffot? Since they do so many one-offs with Alden I'm sure they'll be able to get a glimpse of whats coming.

Comment

If leffot ever did an exotic shell alden again, it probably would sell out immediately. They recently opened preorders for a #8 tanker boot for $800 and it still sold out within 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
                          Have you tried to put an order through Leffot? Since they do so many one-offs with Alden I'm sure they'll be able to get a glimpse of whats coming.
                          Yup. Pretty much what [MENTION=3534]NYCToon[/MENTION] reports. I'm fairly sure I have the bases covered as far as where to look, it's now just a matter of keeping my eyes peeled and jumping when the opportunity presents itself (or having one of the places where I'm on a waiting list give me a call).

Comment

Hats off to you fine folks. Good luck to each of you!

My cocktail videos >

Comment

(A jittery fingered, sweat drenched brow reply)

3 days in, I feel like I just quit smoking again!

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                                (A jittery fingered, sweat drenched brow reply)

3 days in, I feel like I just quit smoking again!
                                Has it been three days already? Man, I think being in med school might be my friend on this challenge, I don't even know what day it is most of the time.
                                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                                X