No announcement yet.

New P90X - The Vicious/Yoyo 90 day challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very commendable. Good luck, everyone. I will be watching this thread with great interest...

...all the while, making a few choice sartorial purchases.

Comment

Add me to the list Vicious! Picked up a couple of things this month and told my wife I was going to hold off for a couple of months. Might as well make it 90 days since we are all committed together. Good luck everyone!

Comment

[MENTION=4193]sabrown[/MENTION], you just might be ready to be "committed" after 90 days of this. But good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          [MENTION=4193]sabrown[/MENTION], you just might be ready to be "committed" after 90 days of this. But good luck.
          Let's do this. Haters gonna hate. Oh this is gonna be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
            Haha, it's going to be tough, no doubt!

Comment

So everyone I listed above and adding SABrown to the list. 15 minutes remaining for anyone else that wants to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                So everyone I listed above and adding SABrown to the list. 15 minutes remaining for anyone else that wants to join in.
                I may be a few minutes late, but count me in, too. There aren't any real holes in my wardrobe right now. This should help the unnecessary spending and buying just because I could use something on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
                  I may be a few minutes late, but count me in, too. There aren't any real holes in my wardrobe right now. This should help the unnecessary spending and buying just because I could use something on sale.
                  I learned from a former marine friend of mine that there isn't such a thing as a few minutes late. He told me to be at his house at 8 am if I wanted a ride. I showed up at 8:02 and he had already rolled out. Lesson learned.

Comment

So final contestants are:

Vicious
                    YoyoRobbo
                    ZCM
                    Alex
                    Dackman
                    Alan
                    Shade
                    Shomas
                    DavidW25
                    MarkB
                    SABrown

This isn't that friendly 60 day thread. This is a much more roided out version so expect to be fully ridiculed by your peers when you fail. Good luck to all the combatants . . . I mean contestants.

Comment

This is great, now I am getting ads for P90x on my phone and computer lol.

Comment

I learned from a former marine friend of mine that there isn't such a thing as a few minutes late. He told me to be at his house at 8 am if I wanted a ride. I showed up at 8:02 and he had already rolled out. Lesson learned.
                        Wasn't sure if you were kidding til I saw your final list. Seems like an arbitrary life experience to share to justify excluding someone on a forum about clothes and accessories.This isn't the US Marine Corps and I'm pretty sure you're not his sergeant.

Then again, I'm not yours so feel free to ignore the peanut gallery. Just seemed odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Lchow1 View Post
                          Wasn't sure if you were kidding til I saw your final list. Seems like an arbitrary life experience to share to justify excluding someone on a forum about clothes and accessories.This isn't the Marines and I'm pretty sure you're not a drill sergeant.

Then again, I'm not yours so feel free to ignore the peanut gallery. Just seemed odd.
                          That was an example of 'being a few minutes late'. I was 2 minutes late and got left behind. He was an hour late and got left off a stupid challenge list. Sorry if you didn't enjoy the anecdote.

The reason I don't do 'a few minutes late' when there is a deadline is because inevitably there will be someone who will post today and say 'I missed it by a day, can I get in'. Or later this week, someone will post 'can they still join in'? At what point do you say no? I make it easy on myself and don't get accused of playing favorites.

Anyone is free to participate along and post how they are doing but I will only be keeping track of those who made the cutoff time.

Comment

Here's another story that you won't enjoy but I'll share anyways since it gives you an idea of my mindset.

When I was in college, one of my jobs was working as a bank teller. I'd work evening drive thru and there were days where you were just slammed (pay days, 1st of the month, right before a holiday weekend). Lines would be backed up in to the street if any of those 2 days fell on the same day. We closed at 7pm but there'd still be a long line. If I didn't cut it off at some point, I'd be there until 8-9pm because people would just keep joining in line.

I'd see what the last car was at the end of the line at 7pm and that would be the last customer I'd help. As soon as I was done with that car I'd roll down the blinds. The next car would come up complaining that they were in line and how important it was that they got their transaction done today. I'd tell them that they were not in line by 7pm and if I take them I have to take everyone behind them because I'm going to hear the same story from everyone else.

This challenge is for fun so there's nothing at stake and nothing serious about it but I am always serious about a deadline.

Comment

I told my wife there's 11 of us trying the challenge. She said none of us will make it.

Comment

I told my wife there's 11 of us trying the challenge. She said none of us will make it.
                                Extra motivation! My wife doesn't think I'll make it either. Going to prove her wrong this time!

Comment

Working...
                                X