New P90X - The Vicious/Yoyo 90 day challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    I just can't drink them all the time the way I can an IPA or a DIPA.
    That would be my definition of "too many IPAs"; I agree with your taste in Belgians.

Anyway, [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION], have you been itching to try out any new activities or hobbies? This could provide a great opportunity to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
      I'm actually down for the challenge, except that I just bought a 100% wool JCP suit (good call on the recommendations from everyone here) and may need to have the pants hemmed when they arrive. I have several presentations/networking events/weddings to attend, so it's not really an option for me not to have it fit properly.
      If you have to pay $10 to have the pants hemmed for work, I don't think that would be an issue.

Originally posted by dackman View Post
      How about exercise gear? A pretty good chance I'm going to need to replace my running shoes in the next month or two.
      If it's actually for running and not for fashion, I personally wouldn't care. Just be honest with yourselves since there's no way for anyone to verify anything. As long as you think it's a justifiable (to your own conscience) expense and not for fashion in any way shape or form.

Comment

So far we have:

Vicious
        YoyoRobbo
        ZCM
        Alex
        Dackman

Any other takers? I'll update it until late tonight/early tomorrow morning for anyone else that wants to give it a shot.

Comment

I'm in! Today is my wife's last day at her current job so money will be real tight real fast. I got some big purchases out of my system in the past couple of weeks. I'm good to go, starting immediately.

Comment

I am in. I have two suits being tailored that I am picking up tomorrow and I'm obligated to pay for, but I'm in there moving forward. Let's do this!

Comment

What the hell. I'm in. I do have one big ticket item that I will swan dive off this wagon to pick up if it becomes available, though. Damned unlikely, but I'm just putting the marker down.

Comment

I'll be in after next week. Have to fast track a new wardrobe, but once that is taken care of, I'll need to conserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  What the hell. I'm in. I do have one big ticket item that I will swan dive off this wagon to pick up if it becomes available, though. Damned unlikely, but I'm just putting the marker down.
                  You can't say something like that and then not tell us what it is.

Comment

I am in...need to make a commitment to save/spend in other areas (damned student loan debt). I also need to show myself I don't NEED these things. I have wanted a natural leather wallet for the last few weeks and been able to hold out.

Lets do this!

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                      You can't say something like that and then not tell us what it is.
                      Ha! Of course I can. I won't, but I can. I'm actually in the "sell your firstborn" camp for a pair of Alden cigar shell longwings. They just don't come around very often, it seems, and the Alden fanatic community is much more on top of this stuff than I am, so it's un-bloody-likely. But if a pair does come my way, I'm totally trading in one of the kids.

Comment

Ha! Of course I can. I won't, but I can. I'm actually in the "sell your firstborn" camp for a pair of Alden cigar shell longwings. ... But if a pair does come my way, I'm totally trading in one of the kids.
                        Vicious never stipulated anything about child-trading, so you might still be good there, Shomas.

Comment

I'm in! I don't have any real needs at the moment, so this will help curtail the wants (hopefully). I have a nice collection of shorts I picked up at the end of last summer and I'm good on polos and canvas shoes. We are going back to FL for the month of June, so I'm sure we will need stuff, but nothing sartorially related that I can think of.
                          Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

So far we have:

Vicious
                            YoyoRobbo
                            ZCM
                            Alex
                            Dackman
                            Alan
                            Shade
                            Shomas
                            DavidW25
                            MarkB

I'll cross people off as they fall off the wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish View Post
                              I'll be in after next week. Have to fast track a new wardrobe, but once that is taken care of, I'll need to conserve.
                              Sorry, it's starting today for this particular one. Basically because I think it'd be cool to celebrate on the 4th of July for anyone who makes it.

Ha! Of course I can. I won't, but I can. I'm actually in the "sell your firstborn" camp for a pair of Alden cigar shell longwings. They just don't come around very often, it seems, and the Alden fanatic community is much more on top of this stuff than I am, so it's un-bloody-likely. But if a pair does come my way, I'm totally trading in one of the kids.
                              Ha! Good Luck. Since I watch the Alden thread in SF I'm usually on top of these things. I'll let you know if I see something but they don't do a makeup like that very often and when they do, you have to call immediately to get in on it. What Barrie size are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Ha! Good Luck. Since I watch the Alden thread in SF I'm usually on top of these things. I'll let you know if I see something but they don't do a makeup like that very often and when they do, you have to call immediately to get in on it. What Barrie size are you?
                                Don't I know it. I check in over there as frequently as I can, but I can't be as on top of things as I'd need to be to have a reasonable chance of success. I've put myself on a few waiting lists, but I got stuff to do, y'know?

I'm a Barrie 9. By all means, if you see something, lemme know.

Comment

Working...
                                X