Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which to keep: Air colton wingtip or Air Garret Cap toe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which to keep: Air colton wingtip or Air Garret Cap toe?

I bought the air colton wingtip however it was a bit narrow and the 9.5 fit was too tight. since they did not have a size 10 at the time, the representative gave the the air garret for the same price as the coltons (109.90). However, when I went to return the coltons at the mall, turned out some store somewhere did have them in size 10. So I ordered it again. Question is which one to keep....

Air Colton Mahogany color

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/cole-haan-air-colton-wingtip-oxford/3270019?origin=related-3270019-60129352-0-1-1

Air Garret, burgundy color

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/cole-haa...esultback=3917

My vote is keep the Air Colton.

Comment

Colton, but it depends on what else you have in your shoe quiver I suppose

Comment

Depends on what you're planning on wearing them with. If it's a suit, the Air Garrets seem like a pretty good buy. Burgundy is a classic color that goes with both grey and navy.

If you're looking for a more casual shoe, keep the Air Coltons. I do have to admit, though, despite the love for that shoe here, I don't find them especially attractive. Something about them seems off to me, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Chareth, perhaps it's the lack of a medallion on the Colton that's throwing you off? I had mine show up in the mail today, but they're too small even though I ordered my usual size. I should have known that anything with "Air" in the name would be too narrow on me (just like Nike).

I'll have to return these, but I'm still on the fence on whether to order new ones in my size or just give up.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Although my usual size did not fit well, I still like the color on the coltons enough to order when the representative said it was available. mostly i'll be wearing to the office, and out around town clubbing or to the bar. I feel like I would be wearing the coltons more as they seem more versatile. However since I don't have a cap toe, if the Garret are nice enough, I may keep them. But if they are too formal, it may not worth it as I will not be wearing them often. I would rather have something that straddles the line between dressy and casual.

on a sidenote, is it fine to wear cap toes with chinos... or should they be worn with a suit.

Comment

Alan, I don't think it's the lack of a medallion, I think it's actually the picture of the black shoe on the Nordstrom site. While the picture of the mahogany shoe seems okay, the black one almost looks like a clown shoe to me.

Comment

Working...
              X