Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jicarv
    replied

@splitplug, that's good news, since I'm also 40R/35 and that's the size I ordered. Mine gets delivered today.

Leave a comment:

• splitplug
    replied

I also ordered this blazer and it just arrived. The fit is great (almost better than my size Medium unstructured Ludlow blazer from j.crew.) I'm usually 40R, so that's what I ordered. The sleeve length was perfect on me, and I'm typically a 35 in shirts.

I also did not have any problems with the sleeve lining like others had.

Leave a comment:

• ABL_in_MD
    replied

Got mine yesterday, size 46 - fits well off the rack.

True, lining in the all ready narrow sleeves is tight and caused severe bunching when you first put it on, but after adjustments, no problems.

It is casual, but can be dressed up pretty easily. Paired mine with a black/blue checked BD, dark jeans, and my favorite cognac lace ups. Cool but not cold today, so I grabbed a grey striped scarf and my black leather gloves, and off I went.

Unfortunately, to my despair after wearing it to work this morning, mine has a stain right under the back of the collar, pretty noticeable.

So in true LEC customer service, they are overnighting a replacement blazer to me.

Excellent purchase.

I may have the lining replaced before summer time though.

Leave a comment:

• Weng
    replied

Got the blazer for $35 and keeping it. Definitely unstructured and casual, really really soft cotton twill - seems like its been laundered 20-30 times.

Fit is good, front feels a bit long - it stops right at the bottom of my pants zipper. Functional cuffs are nice (unsure if I'll ever roll them up?) and shows right amount of shirt cuff. I got a medium, and am 5ft 10in, 34 W, 42R jacket, 16.5-33 shirt for reference.

Fits well over the $9 heritage oxford I got - wasn't hard to put jacket on over cotton shirt. Didn't have the sleeve lining problem other had - it is snug in that sleeve, but I din't find I had to tug the shirt cuff harder than with other jackets to get it down. Don't think it's the best layering jacket over sweaters - but doubt you're layering with cotton twill.

@ salo, it covered my butt just fine. 1 cm below it.

Biggest downer is the inside pockets; just not practical. Inside left upper= business card size, left lower=iphone/wallet sized, inside right mid=sized for a motorola razr or 3-bars of a kit-kat. All open, without any closures. How about one normal secure one for a wallet?

To me, worth the $35. Kind of a grown-up's jeans jacket, good for kicking around/errands/with the kids/guys.

Leave a comment:

• salo
    replied

Oh this is the blazer I have in both navy and khaki. The length is long enough for me at 6'2 so I guess it's on the longish side. Sleeves have working buttonholes but fit me well.

Yeah the lining in the sleeves is the worst part. The sleeves are pretty narrow as it is and the lining just makes it annoying. I've seriously considered trying to remove the lining but I don't want to ruin anything. I like em though still.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

Any word on the length, Alan? How much bum does it cover?

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

So the blazer came in. The website's reviews are accurate. The cotton sleeve liners make it hard to get your arms in. It would have been better without a liner at all. The arms are the right length, but it's a little tight in the shoulders. The bunching that occurs in the arms doesn't help, either. Perhaps sizing up would have helped, but I'm unfortunately going to have to send it back in its current form. :-S

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Don't worry - I'm excited for you. =)

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

Well let's see you wait 3-4 weeks for anything after you've bought it and see how you act. :-) Plus my wife wants to balance the books on our recent shopping spree and we can't do that until everything is returned or exchanged if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• nicholascrawford
    replied

Somebody's excited! haha

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

The blazer is listed as "out for delivery" by the shipper, but I've got class tonight so I won't be home until about 10PM CST. If I can't gets pics and first impressions up tonight, I'll do it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyShawn
    replied

3 roll 2

http://putthison.com/post/439827719/threerolltwo

Leave a comment:

• v88dx
    replied

is this 2 button or 3 button the add says 3 button but picture shows 2 button

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

Okie doke. For what it's worth, though, I'm 5'10" and I wear a 40R (+/- depending on the cut). Most 40R jackets run a little long in the arms so maybe this one will actually fit right.

Also, it's worth point out that this is a very casual blazer - it may be intended to fit more like a light jacket and less like a blazer. I guess we'll see once it gets here.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

Alan, I want to see photos on you when this comes in. In the model shot it looks very short. I'd like to see how that compares on you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X