Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCF Summer Suits Corded Cotton vs Oxford Cloth

Hey fellas,

I picked up the corded cotton (currently $110) a little while back and got the oxford suit (currently $138) in today. Thought I would post some pictures and give a mini review as a PSA for anyone else interested. For simplicity, I am just going to break it down into pros and cons. Both are 40L jackets and 33/32 pants. For reference I am about 6'2" 190#. I really only have the need for one summer suit so I am look for some opinions.

Here is a close up of the two jackets side by side.

Corded Cotton:
    Pros
    -Half lined in cotton
    -really light fabric
    Cons
    -Baggy Pants (need to tailor for sure)
    -Stiff fabric. Thinking it would probably loosen up after I wore it a little
    -Louder color when compared to the oxford

Oxford
    Pros
    -Fabric feels awesome
    -Pants are much more slim IMO. Would probably let the waist out a little even.
    -Great causal color. Definitely not navy like it is described, but rather a subtle grey.
    Cons
    -Fully lined. Not in poly though. Maybe the acetate will breathe enough for those hot summer days

HERE is a link to an album of the suits on me. Both still have the tags on them and need to be taken in at the waist of the jacket. Overall I like the look of the oxford suit better. The oxford pants are a keeper IMO regardless of which suit I go with. They are much slimmer, even though they are both listed as the same fit on the JCF website. What do you guys think? I am leaning towards the oxford suit. Maybe taking it to my tailor to see if she can take out the back lining.
    [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] [MENTION=11807]Elan[/MENTION]

I prefer the look of the oxford, personally. But then my Ludlow Fielding in oxford might make me biased. It's wonderful fabric.

Comment

Oxford. More versatile.

Comment

I decided to go with the oxford. The JCF corded cotton is going back to the store. I took the oxford jacket to my tailor and he talked me out of having the lining removed. For what I paid for it the cost of removing the lining doesn't seem worth it. Should be a decent summer suit for my first venture into the 'casual' suit realm. Plus I have no doubt that the jacket and pants will get plenty of play on their own.

Comment

Working...
        X