Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Nordstrom Shoe purchases are being returned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Nordstrom Shoe purchases are being returned.

I ordered the Brown AE Clifton in 10D (my usual size) and they were .5 too big. Does anyone know if AE normally runs .5 larger than other shoes? I have never owned a pair of AE, so don't know much about their sizes. I actually loved the shoe but it's going back today and they no longer have 9.5 available on their website.

I also ordered the CH Air Colton Wingtips in the Black color and I hated them. I hope I'm not offending anyone but to me, they look awful. The leather looks like plastic to me. Maybe it's because I received the AEs together with the CHs, and the AE leather is just clearly superior.

LOL well imagine a lot of shoes wno't look so great alongside a pair of AE's. I have the same CH's on order in brown. They haven't come in yet so we'll see what I think of them when they get here.

As for the AE's, can't you just exchange rather than full-out return? If your only beef is the sizing, maybe that would work. *shrug*

Comment

@Alan, They no longer have the Cliftons available online in 9.5, so I'm going tonight to try and exchange them at the store. Since it's a discontinued color, I doubt that they will have them in stock. We'll see.

Comment

I think CH quality is hit and miss. The leather quality of my CH's is as good as the AE's I've found, although the build quality is probably lower long-term.

Comment

Juan, yes, AE's, and it seems most quality shoes for whatever reason, are about 1/2 size larger than "normal." Also, if you think those CH's leather sucked, don't ever buy or handle a pair of chromexcel aldens, or you'll be seriously spoiled. I returned AE Dalton's because the leather was too plasticky for me.

Got these instead: http://formfunctionform.tumblr.com/p...l-jumper-boots

Comment

@OnlyShawn, those are beautiful boots!

Comment

I ordered my AE Strands in my "usual" 10.5 size and they were clearly too big. When to Nordstrom and exchanged them for a 10, still a little room too.

I ordered the Colton wingtips in the burgundy color from Endless when they were on sale for $100, I'll get them tomorrow, I hope they look better than you suggest :X

Comment

Nordstrom returns/exchanges are the best in the industry...definitely recommend taking them in for an exchange. As has been said a good deal, the difference between lasts with AE is sometimes dramatic; best to fit in person if you don't have direct experience with a particular last.

Comment

Juan - I recently bought some 9.5D Brown AE Cliftons on Ebay (same pair selling at Nordstrom). They were a bit too small for me, so i was planning on reposting them. They're in EXCELLENT condition...probably haven't been worn more than a few times. I'd be happy to send you pictures.

If you (or anyone else for that matter)are interested, email me at [email protected].

Asking $125 plus shipping which is what i paid for them.

Comment

@guata1983, Thanks for the offer but I'm going to pass this time! I tried to exchange the Cliftons at the store but they didn't have the 9.5D, so I decided that I'm in more need of a brown wing tip style at this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X