Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do my button plackets crease along the buttonhole line in the dryer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do my button plackets crease along the buttonhole line in the dryer?

Awkward title, so let me explain - I've noticed that many of my button-ups/downs tend to come out of the dryer with the placket (hole side) creased over almost from top to bottom, with the crease along the line of the buttonholes. It's a hassle to iron it out, and buttoning up the shirt before putting it in the dryer sounds like quite a hassle as well. Does this happen to anybody else, and do you have any suggestions or explanations?

Happens a lot... I think because the button holes make a natural weak spot for the fabric to crease. My solution was to have my shirts laundered

Comment

I don't know any way to prevent it. All I can say is, get comfortable with ironing or paying someone else to do it. :-S

Comment

Are you drying the shirts completely?

If you take the shirts out while they are still a little damp, it will help for two reasons. The crease will still be there, but it won't be as set in as if you dried the shirt completely. Also, ironing is much easier when shirts are slightly damp.

Comment

Yep, drying completely. I guess it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one though.

Comment

Working...
          X