WIWT Shoes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIWT Shoes...

I didn't think these would be appropriate in the other WIWT thread as that focuses on complete outfits. Thumbing through some pics, it seems I often take shots of my feet. So here are some recent shots of my shoes. Anyone else want to share theirs?

Was unseasonably warm around Los Angeles recently. Sperry canvas boat shoes

kr3w mckinley suede w/ GAP straight fit

same shoes w/ Levi 501

Clarks desert boots in tuape suede w/ Levi 501

same Clarks with GAP straight cords

same cords with BR boots

AE Strands w/ J Crew slacks (that still needed to be hemmed)

Alden indy 403 w/ J Crew Chino

Alden Indy 403 w/ GAP straight jeans

Got no picture to add, but that's some awesome pics there. Have been looking for those BR boots, but can't seem to find them in the bay area.

Btw, those KR3W, did you size them as "athletic/skater" shoes or dress shoes?

Thanks

Comment

I have to say, I didn't notice the shoes on the first look-through because the pics are so dang cool. Nice shots and effects.

And on second glance, nice shoes, too.

Comment

instagram?

Comment

@OnlyShawn They reminded me of that, but as far as I remember, Instagram doesn't produce such high res and quality, no? It has been a while so I could be wrong.

Comment

My wife is in the iPhone photo app business, so I have a little practice with this. Could be using the tilt/shift effect in Instagram (looks like a droplet in the upper corner of the app) or the miniature effect in Camera+. =) Camera+ is great for the frames like what he's using. All in all, it's what I like to do too. Using great backgrounds in the original shot makes it that much better.

mdwsta4 - I should put your shoes on a To-Buy list for myself! They all look great and are paired well with those pants.

Comment

I would guess snapseed. I guess I'm the only one who's tired of the overuse of effects filters. HDR is the worst thing that's ever happened to digital photography.

Comment

thanks all

mixto: the kr3w shoes fit true to size

In regards to the pics... most were taken with an iPhone 4 and various apps (Camera+, snapseed, only one instagram, etc). I typically layer apps on tops of apps to get the effects. A few others were taken with either a Fuji x100 or Canon 5D2.

Jason: I agree that HDR done improperly (which is most of them) is horrible. I've actually never used HDR in any of my work (nor do any of these have HDR effect applied), but when done right with true bracketed shots, it can actually look very good. I enjoy playing with filters on my phone, but my personal/professional work is extremely toned down with minimal PS work. Here are some of my casual shots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Red Milk Jack Purcells

Comment

@mdwsta4 Great photos in that flickr link!

Comment

Yeah, your Flickr stream is awesome. Didn't mean to criticize, I've just grown weary of seeing every person in my Facebook stream use Instagram to make their pictures of their kids look like 1970's Kodachrome.

You also clearly have great taste in shoes.

Comment

Jason, I didn't take it in the wrong way to begin with. If you post/say something, you gotta be able to take criticism! But yeah, I totally agree with you regarding some people and their photos.

Thank you

Comment

I'm wearing the thrifted Florsheim Imperials today. These are by far my favorite shoes.

Comment

Working...
                          X