Groomsmen gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groomsmen gifts

Me and the lady are finally engaged. I am looking gift ideas for groomsmen. I am specifically looking for made in the U.S.A., and a small company artisan/craftsman would be an added plus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Congrats! I don't really have any ideas for you but I will be in your shoes in the next monthish. So I am interested in the responses.

Comment

I've been in a few weddings. Best gift I ever got gym/duffle bag with my initials on it.

Comment

Congrats on the engagement!

Comment

Congrats on the engagement! Any particular trait that is common between the groomsmen? Are they smokers / drinkers / dappered men?

Comment

Thanks guys!!

@chief113 I like that idea.

No real common traits. Only one smokes. I have two groomsmen and by best man. Best man is my 19 year old brother, groomsmen are early 30s. Ones a painter/photographer, one a movie buff, my brother is studying music.

Comment

What's the price range? Here's a decent sized thread from last month about gifts in the $100-$150 range.

Comment

No price range. I'd like to keep it around $100. Doesn't have to be a single gift. However, made in the U.S. is a must, and by a single craftsman or small family buisness is ideal.

Comment

Check etsy.com - it's chock full of handmade in the US items. If they're into fashion/style, a personalized tie bar or cuff link set would be nice.

Comment

http://www.mitchell-leather.com/site...r_Products.php

These are really cool too. Made in Wisconsin.

Comment

These aren't expensive, but they're sweet. I bought a similar pair for my dad for Father's Day a couple years ago.

They're cufflinks made from genuine, antique American currency. Pennies in 1943 were made out of steel since copper was being rationed for WW2. It's the only year they did it. The pennies, themselves, aren't worth a whole lot since there were millions made and the metal isn't precious, but they've got an unbeatable cool factor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cuff...-/161157059187

FWIW, I bought cufflinks (not these, though) for my groomsmen to wear at the wedding since we were in tuxes, and everyone really liked them. It went over very well.

Comment

I'm getting married in May and have 6 groomsmen.

We are doing grey suits with purple ties, so part of my gift to them is I bought all the ties. Specifically, I'm having them made by Paul Winston. Grenadine purple for me, and grenadine lilac for the boys.

Came out to around $50/each.

Comment

I gave each of my groomsmen something I knew would never go unused: a bottle of their favorite booze.
                          Last edited by Johdus; February 21, 2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johdus View Post
                            I gave each of my groomsmen something I knew would never go unused: a bottle of their favorite booze.
                            Thought for sure you'd say raw denim with sick fadez.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                              Check etsy.com - it's chock full of handmade in the US items. If they're into fashion/style, a personalized tie bar or cuff link set would be nice.
                              Handmade in the USA and from etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/janeeroberti. I've ordered several things from this shop as gifts (and a money clip for myself). Turn around is pretty quick, and she'll do custom orders (money clips, business card holders, etc.) if you ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X