No announcement yet.

y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been watching Justified, as usual. I'm enjoying this season, but there's less of an over-arching conflict for Raylan.

Also watched the first two episodes of The Americans since they came on Amazon Prime. Really enjoyed it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
      Anyone watch True Detective?
      Yep! Great show, looking forward to the finale this weekend. House of Cards was a great binge watch, if anyone needs a show.

Comment

(necro-mancing this thread)

Anyone watch True Detective? It's a cool show. Deep, suspenseful, and kinda creepy. Like a cross between The Killing and Twin Peaks. A little hint of Breaking Bad thrown in. Matthew McConaughay is superb in this. It's 7 episodes in the series so far. I still need to watch the last two episodes.

A good show to drink with.
        YES

I love this show. Episode 4 (the one that ends in the projects) was the one that turned me form just liking it, to being one of my favorite shows. Can't wait for Sunday (although I'll be sad that this particular story line will be concluding).

Otherwise: Justified, Archer, The Americans, Community, Rick and Morty (maybe over for the season?), New Girl, Parks and Rec, The Following (realizing it's more of a guilty pleasure than a good show)

I think this summer I'm finally going to tackle Breaking Bad.

Comment

I keep up with HIMYM (it's awful at this point, but I made too much of a commitment to not see it through), Parks and Recreation, Archer, Big Bang Theory, New Girl (a recent addition), and Arrow. And believe it or not, Arrow is probably among the best things on tv right now. The first season was fun, but overall just pretty good. The second season is fantastic though.

I watch, but haven't kept up with recently, Justified, Walking Dead, Bob's Burgers, and Downton Abbey. And Game of Thrones, but I read the (superior) books.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
            I love this show. Episode 4 (the one that ends in the projects) was the one that turned me form just liking it, to being one of my favorite shows. Can't wait for Sunday (although I'll be sad that this particular story line will be concluding).
            I think this summer I'm finally going to tackle Breaking Bad.
            Agree! That was an amazing sequence at the end, the way they shot it in an almost continuous fashion, with the camera fixed on him through the ghetto houses and over the fence.

My understanding was that this was to be only a one-season show. Is it coming back next year?

You will definitely like Breaking Bad. Just stay with it for the first few episodes. It gets better with each season.

I watched most of the first season of The Americans but I wasn't too impressed. I thought it was average.

Comment

We don't have cable or even a television for that matter. We're just getting into LONGMIRE via Netflix.

We went through BREAKING BAD and DEXTER, and we just finished SHERLOCK (BBC) and also the recent FLEMING series.

Comment

If you like Longmire try Justified.

Comment

Hannibal

Comment

Hooked on Black Sails. Really badass so far.
                    My cocktail videos >

Comment

Agree! That was an amazing sequence at the end, the way they shot it in an almost continuous fashion, with the camera fixed on him through the ghetto houses and over the fence.

My understanding was that this was to be only a one-season show. Is it coming back next year?
                      I believe that it is coming back, but it will have a new plot/setting with new actors.

Comment

Can't wait for this to start!

Comment

Just went through The Fall. Great show. Looking forward to season 2.

Comment

Current faves:
                            - Sherlock - Just finished the free stream of S3. Dayyyam! Now the waiting begins for S4. Ugh.
                            - The Walking Dead - Slllllowwwwwwer than usual lately.... but honestly, it would have to slow down a little here and there if it was really going on, so I'm OK with the character dev.
                            - Mad Men - Obviously not watching current eps, but watching the calendar/clock like a hawk. C'mon!

Other sorta-current digs:
                            - Archer - Still catching up on old eps via Netflix.
                            - Downton Abbey - Gotta get caught back up here too. Missed some streaking on PBS after Netflix/Hulu+ seasons/eps.
                            - American Horror Story - Actually just gave up on *this* particular season/series. I liked parts of it, but found myself almost forcing myself to catch up on the DVR.
                            - Top Gear - Catch new ones from time to time, and old eps that sound interesting to me when I have the time. Good change-of-pace for me and what I typically watch.
                            - Game of Thrones - Still way back with this one. We don't have HBO, so I'm hoping to catch up when/where possible via other ways.
                            - Breaking Bad - Same deal. Catching up via Netflix.
                            - Big Bang Theory - Just catch reruns late at night from time to time. Used to be faithful to the current season, but slacked too much and fell behind.
                            Last edited by yoyorobbo; March 10, 2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                              - Game of Thrones - Still way back with this one. We don't have HBO, so I'm hoping to catch up when/where possible via other ways.
                              4 weeks until season 4 starts. Highly recommend you get caught up on this one above all others. Spoilers will come your way eventually and it's just not as fun to watch after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by JGL View Post
                                4 weeks until season 4 starts. Highly recommend you get caught up on this one above all others. Spoilers will come your way eventually and it's just not as fun to watch after the fact.
                                Yeah, The Walking Dead is that way for me too, even running just a single episode behind. Some of my dorky friends blurt out in texts or on FB, "No...!!! Not (so-and-so)...!!!"

But regarding GoT, I rebooted the whole series for myself and started back at ep1 today. I was kinda lost with where I left off, and the story had gotten a bit foggy. It's gonna be a long road, but at least "Spring is coming."*

* Actually, we're forecasted to be getting another 5-9 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, so ... yeah, maybe not quite yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X