No announcement yet.

y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, 30 Rock is in its final season. Also watching The Walking Dead (which hasn't gotten into a Twin Peaks level rut, but it certainly has never hit the high that the pilot episode had in 2010).

I couldn't stop laughing when the official 30 Rock facebook page pointed this winning horse out at Churchill Downs today:

http://www.churchilldowns.com/racing...teboard/live/6

Apparently someone enjoyed this line from Jack Donaghy: "Michael Kors is a friend. We own a gay racehorse together."

Comment

Goodbye, 30 Rock.

Comment

Fridays is CSI: NY and Blue Bloods.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
          Also, in the spirit of Dappered, the website tomandlorenzo.com analyzes the costuming of each episode of Mad Men. It's interesting not only for thinking about current and historical mens' style -- those guys use the costuming to analyze plot and character development, which is pretty cool. I'm not sure they do that for the first couple of seasons, though.
          Since this thread has been revived, thanks for the great site.

Comment

It's not airing anywhere in the US, but "Utopia" on Channel 4 UK is pretty awesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(TV_series)

Comment

A couple of new ones I'm enjoying:

The Following
              Legit

I'm happy Archer and Justified are back on TV.

Comment

The Americans on fx. I think the premise is great and think the show has a lot of promise.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                  The Americans on fx. I think the premise is great and think the show has a lot of promise.
                  It has the potential to be a new big drama series as it seems all the dramas are in their final seasons. Unfortunately however, it looks like they are going for action instead of character development.

Comment

Tonight on Myth Busters they are testing food myths with guest Alton Brown. Should be a good one!

Comment

Not sure if anyone caught Killing Lincoln on NatGeo last night, but it was really well done. They are replaying it a bunch and worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
                        A couple of new ones I'm enjoying:

The Following
                        Legit

I'm happy Archer and Justified are back on TV.
                        I forgot to mention The Following. I am really liking the show, even though it is getting a bit repetitive.

F1 starts in 3 weeks so I am siked for that.

We are cancelling cable in June. I am building a list of stuff to watch via Netflx/Amazon so far we have the following:

Mad Men
                        Breaking Bad
                        Downton Abbey
                        Homeland
                        House of Cards
                        Can anyone suggest stuff worth catching on the streaming services?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                          Finally watched the first ep yesterday (DVR'd). I really dug it! And I got my wife hooked too, which is somewhat rare. I usually watch twisted shows (*American Horror Story*, *Walking Dead*), fantasy/sci-fi-ish stuff (*BSG*, *Torchwood*, etc), certain period pieces (*Mad Men*, *Downton Abbey*), and other cool crap that she just doesn't really get into. But watching The Americans, she had a look in her eyes, similar to when I got her hooked on *Lost*. LOL

She mentioned that it was good, so it will probably get cancelled. That is often true, but it seems with FX, that some shows which might normally get canned on a more typical network, get longer lives, and more room to move on FX. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                            We are cancelling cable in June. I am building a list of stuff to watch via Netflx/Amazon so far we have the following:

Mad Men
                            Breaking Bad
                            Downton Abbey
                            Homeland
                            House of Cards
                            Can anyone suggest stuff worth catching on the streaming services?
                            I got totally sucked-in to *Mad Men* via Netflix. I think that was my first show obsession on Netflix. We use Roku boxes around our house, but we still have cable; just less services than before.

I also killed the 1st season of *Downton Abbey* via that route, and then the 2nd season via Hulu+, IIRC.

If you haven't already seen them all, I'd highly recommend a few comedies: *The Office* (both US and UK versions) and *That '70s Show* (I'm *still* getting caught up on the last couple seasons there), and if you're into creepy horror, the first series/season of *American Horror Story* is on Netflix now. Crazy stuff! I only watched the first couple eps when it first aired, but then got back into it with the 2nd series/season (*AHS: Asylum*). You may not like any of those, but they are great adds, IMO.

Comment

(necro-mancing this thread)

Anyone watch True Detective? It's a cool show. Deep, suspenseful, and kinda creepy. Like a cross between The Killing and Twin Peaks. A little hint of Breaking Bad thrown in. Matthew McConaughay is superb in this. It's 7 episodes in the series so far. I still need to watch the last two episodes.

A good show to drink with.

Comment

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
                                (necro-mancing this thread)

Anyone watch True Detective? It's a cool show. Deep, suspenseful, and kinda creepy. Like a cross between The Killing and Twin Peaks. A little hint of Breaking Bad thrown in. Matthew McConaughay is superb in this. It's 7 episodes in the series so far. I still need to watch the last two episodes.

A good show to drink with.
                                I just finished EP 4 last weekend. I agree. It is pretty great so far. I have been watching that and Shameless lately. Both can easily hold my girlfriend's and my attention for 50 min.

Comment

Working...
                                X