No announcement yet.

y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've (still) been watching (and rewatching) unhealthy amounts of the Great British Baking Show/Masterclass.

Light-hearted fluff is so nice after you've spent all day trying to mitigate the consequences of your clients' mental health/substance abuse/poverty problems.

[Edit] Ell oh ell I see this post is almost identical to one I left the other month. NOTHING EVER CHANGES.
    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
      I've (still) been watching (and rewatching) unhealthy amounts of the Great British Baking Show
      no amount of GBBS is unhealthy

always Ruby, Ruby for always

Comment

Originally posted by Hierophant View Post
        no amount of GBBS is unhealthy

always Ruby, Ruby for always
        I'm Team Chetna personally... Ruby's mopiness and self-doubt are kind of grating to me after a while.
        Ben

Comment

I'm Team Chetna personally... Ruby's mopiness and self-doubt are kind of grating to me after a while.
          I spent some time at Cambridge and Ruby reminds me of (many of) the people I met there: incredibly competent and crippled with self-doubt. It makes me so happy to see her come along so well.

Hands down on Chetna's food, though, and Tamal is the prince of my heart's high tower.

Comment

Just finished up The Handmaid's Tale. A really well done (but dark) series.

This season of Better Call Saul was great. Fargo season 3 was decent. Not as good as the other 2 seasons, but better than most things on tv.

I'm out of stuff to watch now. Can't really handle House of Cards anymore, and Orange is the New Black has sucked for awhile.

Comment

Just started Bosch Season 3 finally. I am a fan of the show. I do streaming only and need to find a new show to watch with the wife. If I have to watch another episode of NCIS, someone is going to need to call CSI.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                If I have to watch another episode of NCIS, someone is going to need to call CSI.
                I relate to this sooooooo much.

Comment

Been watching a lot of good things lately: The night of, the leftovers, sneaky pete, and just started Bosch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                    Been watching a lot of good things lately: The night of, the leftovers, sneaky pete, and just started Bosch.
                    Ah, The Night of. I knew there was a recent HBO show I still needed to watch. I did very much enjoy Sneaky Pete (more motivation to pick up a navy mac one of these days) and the Leftovers actually managed to wrap up more satisfyingly than I expected. Still need to check out Bosch.

I'm kind of in a TV lull at the moment. The Leftovers, Silicon Valley, Veep, Fargo, and American Gods all recently wrapped up, and I finished season 2 of Master of None a few weeks back. I'm slowly making my way through 13 Reason Why to get some healthy (or maybe not) doses of teenage drama. I keep meaning to start House of Cards so maybe now is the time.

Comment

The Night Of started off strong, but seemed to meander in the second half of the season. I felt that the conclusion was a bit disappointing. Good program though overall.

I have been avoiding The Leftovers for some reason but I'll probably start watching that next.

How was American Gods? I have heard differing reviews on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                        How was American Gods? I have heard differing reviews on that one.
                        I liked it, but honestly probably wouldn't have kept up with it if not for a friend who is a big fan of the book(s?) and enjoyed discussing the episodes. For me it took a bunch of episodes to start to piece together what was even happening, although maybe I just needed to pay closer attention. I also thought that while it did have cool visuals, it seemed at times too proud of them. Lots of long, slow motion, dialogue free (albeit pretty) shots that had a tendency to cause me to zone out/doze off. That being said, Hannibal had a similar effect for me, and people generally seemed to love it. I'll probably continue to watch it next season, but it's not one that I'm particularly clamoring for.

Comment

Somehow I got sucked into binge-watching Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix. Which, as far as I can tell, is just a Ninja Warrior knock-off (I haven't ever actually watched Ninja Warrior so I'm just assuming).

It's so bad but I just can't stop watching. It wouldn't be too bad if you cut down the useless host color commentary by about 90% and just focused on the performances.
                          Ben

Comment

I have watched Archer two times through, as well as Galavant (and play the soundtrack every once in a while on my commute).

Comment

Somehow I got sucked into binge-watching Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix. Which, as far as I can tell, is just a Ninja Warrior knock-off (I haven't ever actually watched Ninja Warrior so I'm just assuming).

It's so bad but I just can't stop watching. It wouldn't be too bad if you cut down the useless host color commentary by about 90% and just focused on the performances.
                              I like that, but with the color commentary, think they are going for MXC http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364843/

Comment

I'm also in a bit of a TV rut right now. I really enjoyed American Gods (big fan of the book) and have been putting off the final season of The Leftovers. Currently I'm just waiting for Game of Thrones to return in a few weeks. At this point I don't even know if I'm watching GoT out of love for the show or just so I can keep up with all the water cooler talk at work.

On a different note. I just went to the movies the other night to see Baby Driver. As a movie it definitely had some flaws but I loved it anyways. They did a fantastic job incorporating the music into the movie. I'm a huge Edgar Wright fan and it's nice to see him do something a bit different.

Comment

Working...
                                X