y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
    I'm also impressed by how they've incorporated new characters and changed the role of others so effortlessly. (Trying to avoid spoilers)

Started watching season 1 of Mr. Robot, 3 or 4 episodes in and I enjoy it so far. Suits is back on USA. It feels so whiny - this is the last season, right? USA shows always seem to overstay their welcome by 1-2 seasons (Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains, etc.)
    I need to get back on the Mr Roboto train. Really loved he first half of the first season. Then it seemed to stall a bit for me but it was still solid entertainment.

The Americans seems more brutal in the third season. They are not pulling punches, I will tell you that. Yeah, it doesn't seem like anyone knows about it for some reason, but it's great.

Comment

I'm also impressed by how they've incorporated new characters and changed the role of others so effortlessly. (Trying to avoid spoilers)

Started watching season 1 of Mr. Robot, 3 or 4 episodes in and I enjoy it so far. Suits is back on USA. It feels so whiny - this is the last season, right? USA shows always seem to overstay their welcome by 1-2 seasons (Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains, etc.)
      Wholeheartedly agree with Suits. I've never been so underwhelmed by a season premiere. Everyone is annoying AF. I was surprised to learn it came back for another season, and now I'm incredibly disappointed that it did. I'll still probably keep watching though.

Comment

Finished Night Manager. It was pretty good once you got over Hugh Laurie's awful accent.

Comment

Just finished Stranger Things on Netflix and loved it, really fun throwback/nostalgia trip.

I've been mostly keeping up with The Night Of, but I'm struggling to maintain my interest at this point. May give it one more episode to see if things pick up.
          “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
          "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

USA shows always seem to overstay their welcome by 1-2 seasons (Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains, etc.)
            Have you seen "Life," starring Damian Lewis and Sarah Shahi? It was remarkably good for a USA show, and only has two seasons so it doesn't drag on.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
              Have you seen "Life," starring Damian Lewis and Sarah Shahi? It was remarkably good for a USA show, and only has two seasons so it doesn't drag on.
              Great show, I wish it had continued, but as noted above, probably for the best that it didn't overstay its welcome.

I do agree that USA tends to run their shows into the ground rather than quitting while the quitting is good. But that's not really surprising, it's rare that TV channels quit a show while they're ahead **unless they have staffing/actor/director issues, etc.**.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                Great show, I wish it had continued, but as noted above, probably for the best that it didn't overstay its welcome.

I do agree that USA tends to run their shows into the ground rather than quitting while the quitting is good. But that's not really surprising, it's rare that TV channels quit a show while they're ahead **unless they have staffing/actor/director issues, etc.**.
                I'll have to check it out. I like Sarah Shahi.
                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                  I'll have to check it out. I like Sarah Shahi.
                  Second.

Finally got around to starting Suits. I'm sure it's got way too many seasons as per usual but w/e. Keeps me busy for a while. :P
                  https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

Life was a very fun show to watch. I feel like if it had been given a 3rd season with only half the normal amount of episodes they could have ended it a little better. Suits is fun but is getting a little stale for me. I used to stay up to date on the newest episodes and am falling behind. Still haven't watched last season yet.

Comment

I cannot handle these hour-long dramas anymore. We get the 5 month old to sleep around 7, my wife goes to bed at 9 (she doesn't like dramas) so after making bottles or whatever chores I need to do, I can start a show until after 10. Since I wake up at 5 (AT THE LATEST) every morning with the baby, I can't make it 20 minutes into "The Night of" or "The Americans." I'm stuck watching "Ballers" and "Vice Prinicipals." The former is semi-entertaining fluff, the latter has a really inconsistent tone. It's like "Eastbound and Down" but with extra pathos. It goes from a "Stepbrothers" level of silliness to some disturbing shit pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by armedferret View Post
                        Second.

Finally got around to starting Suits. I'm sure it's got way too many seasons as per usual but w/e. Keeps me busy for a while. :P
                        Early suits is real good. This season has been meh

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Comment

For you Canadians in the group, I've been watching The Amazing Race Canada. Is it good TV? No, not really. But when there's nothing on and you're prepping dinner, it makes for an OK show in background.

Comment

anyone actually watch hinterland? watched the first ep and it was ok, but not to my liking. between that and peaky blinders, starting to think joe and i have drastically different tastes in tv. does it get any better in later episodes? preferably more serialized than standalone...

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                              anyone actually watch hinterland? watched the first ep and it was ok, but not to my liking. between that and peaky blinders, starting to think joe and i have drastically different tastes in tv. does it get any better in later episodes? preferably more serialized than standalone...
                              Haven't watched Hinterland but most UK tv shows are not standalone episodes and require you to follow the show. Some have enough plot to stand alone a bit (eg, Sherlock), but you'd miss a lot if you don't want it fully. Reading a little, it sounds like Hinterland is a noir crime drama, so I get its a bit slow at times (think True Detective Ssn 2). It's also Celtic, so that might be factored in.

Surprised you didn't like Peaky, you might be the first person I've heard say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                                I cannot handle these hour-long dramas anymore. We get the 5 month old to sleep around 7, my wife goes to bed at 9 (she doesn't like dramas) so after making bottles or whatever chores I need to do, I can start a show until after 10. Since I wake up at 5 (AT THE LATEST) every morning with the baby, I can't make it 20 minutes into "The Night of" or "The Americans." I'm stuck watching "Ballers" and "Vice Prinicipals." The former is semi-entertaining fluff, the latter has a really inconsistent tone. It's like "Eastbound and Down" but with extra pathos. It goes from a "Stepbrothers" level of silliness to some disturbing shit pretty quickly.
                                I was in the same boat when my daughter was younger. I'm a huge fan of 22 minute comedies. Brooklyn 99 is best of anything on television. New season starting soon so get caught up. Old episodes of 30 Rock or Parks and Recreation were my go-to if I didn't have anything else to watch and wanted to zone out before bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X