No announcement yet.

y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen Horace and Pete? Intense show..

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
      Anyone seen Horace and Pete? Intense show..
      Does it get better? I was super excited for it, but I couldn't even make it through the first episode. Thought it was unfunny, slow, and the whole stage-like atmosphere seemed like Louis CK was trying too hard to be artsy.

Comment

Anyone watch season II of The Fall? The one with Gillian Anderson in it? Season I was great, but I never heard a peep out of the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
          Does it get better? I was super excited for it, but I couldn't even make it through the first episode. Thought it was unfunny, slow, and the whole stage-like atmosphere seemed like Louis CK was trying too hard to be artsy.
          I finished the first ep. I paused the show after the daughter arrived on the scene and insulted the old lady, but after trucking through, it does get better. It's really witty in it's own way, but it's also incredibly depressing in every other way. I think after I got over the surprise of how I expected the show to go vs how the show actually went, I was more able to enjoy the show for what it is, and it is really well done.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            Anyone watch season II of The Fall? The one with Gillian Anderson in it? Season I was great, but I never heard a peep out of the second season.
            2 wasnt as good as 1, still good and continues the story so if you liked 1 might as well watch it

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
              2 wasnt as good as 1, still good and continues the story so if you liked 1 might as well watch it
              I agree with this, still really enjoyed it. Definitely worth a watch and better than most of the junk out there.

Comment

Criminal Minds was just updated on netflix. Usually have to follow it up with a couple episodes of bob ross so we can sleep though.

Comment

Thanks gents.

Comment

Anyone watching The Night Of on HBO? We were talking about it at happy hour last night and it was highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Weathered View Post
                      Anyone watching The Night Of on HBO? We were talking about it at happy hour last night and it was highly recommended.
                      I watched the first episode. it's like a slow-burn law and order episode so far, and that's not a diss. I check HBO GO like every other night for episode 2 because I really want to se what happens next. It's worth a watch if you like a well-done crime procedural.

Comment

Just finished Horace and Petes. It's soul crushing..

Comment

Finishing up the third season of The Americans. Great show. Love the not-overdone 80's aesthetic.

Comment

I really liked The Night Of as well. Just started watching Stranger Things on Netflix. So far I think it's pretty decent, waiting to see if it gets any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
                              Finishing up the third season of The Americans. Great show. Love the not-overdone 80's aesthetic.
                              My favorite show. While some episodes have been slow, they have nailed every character casting since day one. I really wish the general public would get interested in this show
                              We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                                My favorite show. While some episodes have been slow, they have nailed every character casting since day one. I really wish the general public would get interested in this show
                                I'm also impressed by how they've incorporated new characters and changed the role of others so effortlessly. (Trying to avoid spoilers)

Started watching season 1 of Mr. Robot, 3 or 4 episodes in and I enjoy it so far. Suits is back on USA. It feels so whiny - this is the last season, right? USA shows always seem to overstay their welcome by 1-2 seasons (Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X