Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob's Burgers. Man I love that show.

Comment

I just started last night's new episode of Person of Interest. I find it incredibly disappointing that this will be the last season.
      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
        Cooked, the Michael Pollan food documentary on Netflix is pretty good if you're into that kind of thing.
        Watched this last week. I had to go hunting for pulled pork afterward, and I'm still on the lookout for a really good loaf of sourdough. Surprisingly the Earth episode didn't really get me hankering for cheese, though.
        Ben

Comment

I don't watch a whole lot of tv, and what I do watch tends to be superheroic in nature. My favorite recently has been Daredevil on netflix, and I've also been watching The Flash (which isn't as good imo). The Magicians on SyFy is also surprisingly good.
          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

The Night Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
              The Night Manager.
              Watched the first episode and I am on the fence. I will give it another one at least because I like Hugh

Comment

Yeah, I was the same way after the first episode. But by the second, I was hooked. Thankfully it is only six episode though. I don't think I could handle anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I was the same way after the first episode. But by the second, I was hooked. Thankfully it is only six episode though. I don't think I could handle anymore.
                  the second episode picked up for me...I still got super tired and couldn't finish it but that's because of the hour I was watching it more than anything. I think I am going to look into the book as well.

Comment

I'm gonna start watching this today. I really like the British spy genre. There was a great show called Hunted that I throughly enjoyed a few years ago. They were supposed to do another season, but I guess they never did.

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] if you liked Tinker Tailor Solider Spy then you will enjoy The Night Manager. Same author and kind of the same style of suspense. So far, I'm still enjoying the show quite a bit.

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] if you liked Tinker Tailor Solider Spy then you will enjoy The Night Manager. Same author and kind of the same style of suspense. So far, I'm still enjoying the show quite a bit.
                        Watched the first episode and thought it was awesome. If you like tinker tailor, you should check out that show hunted. Was BBC one show that cinemax aired.

Comment

Trying to get in to Fear The Walking Dead. Just isn't doing it for me (so why do I keep watching it you ask?). Good question.

Comment

Trying to get in to Fear The Walking Dead. Just isn't doing it for me (so why do I keep watching it you ask?). Good question.
                            I gave this a half-dozen episodes or so, but the ratio of Annoying-Teenager Characters to Actually-Interesting Characters was way too high, so I bailed.

What I have been watching:
                            Game of Thrones - now I've accepted is the only way I'm ever going to see this story finished, it's kind of fun to see where things go after the last book ended
                            Silicon Valley - somehow keeps getting funnier every episode
                            House of Cards: getting more and more eye-rollingly ridiculous, but it's kind of the office water cooler show so I try to keep up with it.

Loved Tinker Tailor so looking forward to The Night Manager when it hits Netflix.
                            “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                            "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sideswipe View Post
                              Game of Thrones - now I've accepted is the only way I'm ever going to see this story finished, it's kind of fun to see where things go after the last book ended
                              This is the unfortunate part, but I agree with you. At the risk of being the annoying "the book was better than the movie" guy, I really loved reading the books and then watching the series season by season--for the first 2-3 seasons, I did 1 book, 1 season, 2nd book, 2nd season, etc. while it kept side by side. It allowed me to get the extra background information (e.g., family histories, extra detail on other stuff) that you can't fit into the tv show format, while keeping the show itself entertaining. And doing a compare/contrast was fun, as nerdy as that sounds. As the series started to branch away from the books a bit over the last season or 2, and also out-paced the books, now I find it a bit frustrating that I'm seeing new stuff that I don't know whether it's something the books will cover or if it's something the tv show is doing and the books won't. And obviously I can't compare/contrast anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideswipe View Post
                                I gave this a half-dozen episodes or so, but the ratio of Annoying-Teenager Characters to Actually-Interesting Characters was way too high, so I bailed.

What I have been watching:
                                Silicon Valley - somehow keeps getting funnier every episode
                                House of Cards: getting more and more eye-rollingly ridiculous, but it's kind of the office water cooler show so I try to keep up with it.

Loved Tinker Tailor so looking forward to The Night Manager when it hits Netflix.
                                Silicon Valley is way underrated. I always forget to recommend that show, but it's a must watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X