No announcement yet.

y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen Elementary mentioned so far, but the far superior Sherlock is back.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
      I've only seen Elementary mentioned so far, but the far superior Sherlock is back.
      Totally agree. Bummed we have to wait until 2017 for series 4.

Comment

Been on a British detective/crime kick lately - watched the Sherlock Christmas special (fine, but a little disappointing I thought) and Luther season 4 (which was terrific). Started Peaky Blinders as well, which seems very promising.
        “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
        "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sideswipe View Post
          Been on a British detective/crime kick lately - watched the Sherlock Christmas special (fine, but a little disappointing I thought) and Luther season 4 (which was terrific). Started Peaky Blinders as well, which seems very promising.
          Check out Broadchurch. Series 1 is good, but I've heard it's downhill after that.

Comment

Finishing up the third season of breaking bad. It's a good show but I'm not sure if it lives up to the hype everyone has given it. Finished up the man in the high castle, very watchable. Weird finale. Lastly, I've started watching Louie on Amazon. It's funny at parts if you like his humor but I can see it getting old quick.

Comment

Luther everything is simply delightful. I imagine you'll really enjoy Peaky Blinders as well -- Cillian Murphy simply dominates the main role. I can't wait for more to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
                Finishing up the third season of breaking bad. It's a good show but I'm not sure if it lives up to the hype everyone has given it. Finished up the man in the high castle, very watchable. Weird finale. Lastly, I've started watching Louie on Amazon. It's funny at parts if you like his humor but I can see it getting old quick.
                Stick with it. BB is the rare show of its caliber that gets better as it goes. Its final season is neck-and-neck with season 4 of The Wire for best season of television I've ever seen. Probably the only one of the great shows I've seen whose final season is its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                  Check out Broadchurch. Series 1 is good, but I've heard it's downhill after that.
                  I've heard the same, definitely on my radar to check out soon.

Comment

I'm about to finish Making a Murderer. It's making my blood boil, especially as someone who worked (briefly) in indigent defense and has seen first-hand the many ways, big and small, that people get chewed up by the system and by arrogant cops, prosecutors, and judges.
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      I'm about to finish Making a Murderer. It's making my blood boil, especially as someone who worked (briefly) in indigent defense and has seen first-hand the many ways, big and small, that people get chewed up by the system and by arrogant cops, prosecutors, and judges.
                      Your avatar fits.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        Luther everything is simply delightful. I imagine you'll really enjoy Peaky Blinders as well -- Cillian Murphy simply dominates the main role. I can't wait for more to come out.
                        Luther-everything is delightful except for the waiting/uncertainty re: future seasons! But it's been well worth the patience each time.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          There's so much hate and fury to spread around, but the kid's first attorney is maybe the worst of the lot - which is saying something. It's taken me probably 50% longer than it should to get through the series because of how often I have to pause it to rant.

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                            Your avatar fits.
                            A look of righteous indignation is my favorite style accessory.
                            Ben

Comment

I haven't finished Making a Murderer yet (i think I have 2 or 3 episodes left), but the whole thing with Brendan Dassey...Christ. The prosecutor in Avery's case gets under my skin enough, but the way Brendan's arrest/questioning were handled (plus his worthless, aloof lawyer) make my blood boil. I have a feeling that I'm going to experience a lot more frustration before it's all said and done.

Also very much enjoyed Master of None, and I'm pumped that Man Seeking Woman is back on. That show really grew on me last year.

Comment

watched the Sherlock Christmas special (fine, but a little disappointing I thought)
                                I found it to be pretty boring.

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                                Broadchurch was enjoyable. Second season was "meh".

Originally posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
                                Finishing up the third season of breaking bad. It's a good show but I'm not sure if it lives up to the hype everyone has given it.
                                It doesn't. It's ok and worth the time investment but it's not spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                                X