y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonATL View Post
    FX's version of Fargo is pretty much the best thing on TV. All of the episodes should be up online.
    Yeah I was a big fan as well. I pretty much give any FX show a chance. They don't all stick for me, but I loved Fargo.

Comment

Fargo was amazing. just finished oitnb a couple of days ago. tried longmire, but felt it was a little boring halfway through the first season. does it get better?

after two episodes of orphan black season one, my wife and I are hooked. I'm thinking we might "battlestar galactica" the first two seasons this weekend.

anyone watch hulu originals? we like rev and moone boy.

Comment

Forgot about Orphan black. Probably because I watched the first season in a weekend. Was good. I did the same to the first season of Vikings. Slow start but got better for sure. I have been watching Royal Pains on netflix. I can't say I recommend it but it has stuck with me for some reason.

dappered moment - We could have the anti White Collar/Suits convo about every episode though. Aside from one regular character and a couple of occasional, every man on Royal Pains wears ill fitting and non flattering clothes. Kind of like how the costume designer for Castle loves pinstripes. There was a season where every episode contained at least 2 pinstripe suits of some sort.

Comment

I have to admit I am not a TV watcher. But I like a handful of good shows. THE NEW YORKER basically says that Fargo can be interesting, especially visually, but that plot- and drama-wise it tends to be like eating nothing but a diet of hot peppers. In other words, it overdoes things. I would agree. Way too ramped up, and it misses all the subtlety of the original movie.

Comment

Did anyone watch Silicon Valley? I thought it was pretty fantastic, and they did a great job with the "nerd" humor. It's a pretty quick watch on HBO Go (only 8 episodes in this first season).

Originally posted by Sideswipe View Post
            Watched the first season of "Silicon Valley" over the weekend, pretty funny stuff. The actor who played Gabe on The Office just kills.
            Edit: Oops, just saw this.

Edit 2: And now I'm realizing I've already mentioned it in the thread.

Edit 3: Speaking of FX shows, I'm interested to check out Tyrant and The Strain
            Last edited by Deke; June 24, 2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
              Did anyone watch Silicon Valley?
              Not in the same style, for sure, but regarding a similar idea (albeit back in 1983) over in the Silicon Prairie, I need to "halt" what I'm doing, and "catch"-up on this one:

I'm a few eps behind, so can't rightfully comment on how it's been developing, but I really liked how it started-off.

Comment

[MENTION=2659]Deke[/MENTION] Just watched the first season of Silicon Valley in about a weeks time and really enjoyed it. Also, Tyrant has been quite good so far. Same producers as Homeland so youll definitely see some similarities in style.
                My cocktail videos >

Comment

Just finished up season 3 (the final season) of Luther. In my opinion, it's a phenomenal detective drama. A movie may be in the works, but it's a solid 3 seasons (in BBC style, only a few, longer episodes per season) and really entertaining.

Comment

This is over the course of the past several months, so we haven't just been sedentary slobs, but here are some good things we have watched or are in the process of watching:

Top of the Lake - recommended it once here already, but it sticks with and haunts you
                    True Detective - just excellent, nothing else to say. Watch it.
                    Twin Peaks - yeah, yeah about two decades late on this one and I have been meaning to see it for years. Weird and fantastic
                    House of Cards - finally caved and I don't know why I was holding out. Kevin Spacey is deliciously conniving and Robin Wright is a force in this show.
                    Orange is the New Black - it took me about three or four episodes to enjoy this show, and despite having an incredibly unlikeable main character, it is a very nicely done show.
                    Sherlock - I loved every minute of every episode. The dynamics between Sherlock and Watson are so excellent. And I covet Sherlock's coat.
                    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Hell On Wheels (season 4)

Comment

American Ninja Warrior is awesome.

Comment

I'm watching Lost and tearing up a lot these days.

Comment

finally getting around to the last season of Californication and The League

Comment

Just finished True Detective. Agree with [MENTION=2055]greg_s[/MENTION], just watch it!

Comment

I liked it a lot but the last episode or two went over the top to me. got silly instead of suspenseful.

Comment

Working...
                                X