y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnlyShawn View Post
    Doctor Who is something that so many people who I otherwise respect like, but I just can NOT get in to. I watched the first ?4? episodes of season 1, and it was way too cheesy to keep going. Does it get a lot better? Should I skip a season or two?
    Eccelston was my least favorite Doctor out of the three of the revamp. I agree that the first series is a little cheesy, but I still liked it. With that said "The Doctor Dances" is in series 1 with Eccelston and is one of my favorite episodes of the show. It gets better and the show's budget get noticibly larger in the later series. I don't think I would skip ahead, but it may be worth another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
      Californication is back and it's still awesome. I have the new seasons of GoT and Mad Men ready to watch, just haven't gotten around to seeing it.
      Californication hasn't been awesome since S2 imo. I stopped watching midway through last season for good. Typical Showtime season arc...Very strong season 1, season 2 is still good, season 3 makes you wonder, season 4 is unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by sub150 View Post
        Typical Showtime season arc...Very strong season 1, season 2 is still good, season 3 makes you wonder, season 4 is unwatchable.
        Weeds, yes. Spot on.

Dexter, sort of. Season 4 was my favorite though.

Shameless, I still liked season 4.

Homeland, looking forward to finding out.

Comment

House of Cards

Comment

House of Cards is one of the best shows I have ever watched, such a great storyline. Makes me hope/wish/pray that D.C. isn't actually like that!

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
              Weeds, yes. Spot on.
              Agreed, weeds kinda started to go down hill after then.
              [MENTION=2192]Cannon[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3451]davidw25[/MENTION]: yes House of Cards is hands down one of my favorite shows.

One show that I wish could have gotten more of a chance is the Michael J Fox show. I think it really could've done more, if given the chance.

I don't know if anyone has brought it up in this thread yet, but how about the How I met Your Mother ending? I won't go into specifics so as to not spoil it but man did I hate that ending. And so did most of America it seems.

Comment

Eccelston was my least favorite Doctor out of the three of the revamp. I agree that the first series is a little cheesy, but I still liked it. With that said "The Doctor Dances" is in series 1 with Eccelston and is one of my favorite episodes of the show. It gets better and the show's budget get noticibly larger in the later series. I don't think I would skip ahead, but it may be worth another shot.
                Yeah I didn't like it at first either but if you can just hold on to the show long enough to get to David Tenant you will love it. Wait til you get to the episode titled "Blink". If you don't like that episode then I don't think you'll ever like Dr. Who. Also the finale of season 2 of the reboot.

Comment

Does any one know if their is season 6 for White collar Love the show.

Comment

Got season 2 of Longmire lined up in the Netflix queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo View Post
                      Does any one know if their is season 6 for White collar Love the show.
                      http://www.tv.com/shows/white-collar...-139541972586/

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                        I don't know if anyone has brought it up in this thread yet, but how about the How I met Your Mother ending? I won't go into specifics so as to not spoil it but man did I hate that ending. And so did most of America it seems.
                        Here's my thing, I actually was alright with the way the story wrapped up, I just thought it was executed somewhat sloppily/hastily. I mean, the last season just took place over one weekend, but the final episode spanned ~20 years? It was just very unbalanced feeling to me. I don't know, I still enjoyed the show up until the end, but I think it should have been wrapped up a few years earlier.

I did think it was pretty neat how they filmed the final scene with the kids (which spoils the ending) back in the first or second season, and yet it never managed to leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Deke View Post
                          Here's my thing, I actually was alright with the way the story wrapped up, I just thought it was executed somewhat sloppily/hastily. I mean, the last season just took place over one weekend, but the final episode spanned ~20 years? It was just very unbalanced feeling to me. I don't know, I still enjoyed the show up until the end, but I think it should have been wrapped up a few years earlier.

I did think it was pretty neat how they filmed the final scene with the kids (which spoils the ending) back in the first or second season, and yet it never managed to leak.
                          I just think they threw away so much of the show especially the last season in that ending. It's like it was all for not.

Comment

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                            Yeah I didn't like it at first either but if you can just hold on to the show long enough to get to David Tenant you will love it. Wait til you get to the episode titled "Blink". If you don't like that episode then I don't think you'll ever like Dr. Who. Also the finale of season 2 of the reboot.
                            Blink is how I got my fiancé into Doctor Who. Its amazing. Moffat is a fantastic writer. Check out his Sherlock too.

Comment

Blink is how I got my fiancé into Doctor Who. Its amazing. Moffat is a fantastic writer. Check out his Sherlock too.
                              Funny that blink is one of the best episodes and it is pretty doctor-lite.

Yeah I've watched the first two seasons of sherlock. Haven't gotten to the 3rd one yet.

Comment

Just started and can't get enough of Louie. Episodes are quick, and I've already finished season one and half of season two in a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X