No announcement yet.

y'all watching anything good on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVR'd the first couple/few? eps of *Fargo* - haven't watched any of it yet. Anyone seen it?

Also so deep into *Orphan Black* now - caught full-up with S1 and now am watching S2 a day or so late (DVR again) What a great show!

Speaking of BBCA, saw the teaser for the upcoming show *Intruders* during a commercial break in an Orphan Black ep. Anyone hip to that one? Coming this Summer, IIRC. John Simm is supposedly cast, which ROCKS! I loved him in (the original British version of) *Life On Mars* - and even some of his stuff in *Doctor Who*. Here's the tiny teaser clip with Simm and Mira Sorvino:

Comment

• Originally posted by JGL View Post
      Like Jack Bauer.
      Like just about any leading character I can think of.

Comment

• Fargo is excellent. Great writing, story, and acting.

Right now I'm watching Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley, Mad Men, Fargo, and The Americans. All worth watching if you have the 4.5 hours to spare each week.

Comment

• Originally posted by sub150 View Post
          Fargo is excellent. Great writing, story, and acting.

Right now I'm watching Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley, Mad Men, Fargo, and The Americans. All worth watching if you have the 4.5 hours to spare each week.
          I've got Fargo piling up on my DVR. It looks great, I just haven't gotten around to starting it yet.

Silicon Valley just keeps getting better. Honestly, I was somewhat meh after the first episode, but I'm extremely glad I kept watching.

Comment

• Any love for Adventure Time? Definitely geared towards the younger folks, but it has an interesting mix of childishness and adultness that keeps it interesting. Not at all like this "My Little Pony" fad that plagues the internet (no offense to any bronies on Dappered). I would be interested in hearing if any older people enjoy watching it -- particularly because I know my Dad still gets a kick out of old Bugs Bunny sketches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vare View Post
              Any love for Adventure Time?
              I have a friend (whose opinion of TV shows I generally trust) that has sung its praises on a handful of occasions. I'd like to catch it at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                That's part of the appeal. Do I agree with that approach? No. Does it make for a good story? Yes. The best story/TV/movie heroes, meaning the most compelling ones, are seldom the nice rule followers. They're usually the outsider and the rebel.
                I agree completely - it does make for good TV and is compelling. I would definitely take this over the other 50 cop shows from the past several years as well (Brooklyn Nine Nine is fantastic though).

I generally can't watch shows promoting the horrible practices we let the Cops take. "The Closer," for instance, is loved by my wife and in-laws, but I cannot watch it without thinking that it's a great example of why no one should ever answer ANY question from a cop without a lawyer present.

Comment

Any love for Adventure Time? Definitely geared towards the younger folks, but it has an interesting mix of childishness and adultness that keeps it interesting. Not at all like this "My Little Pony" fad that plagues the internet (no offense to any bronies on Dappered). I would be interested in hearing if any older people enjoy watching it -- particularly because I know my Dad still gets a kick out of old Bugs Bunny sketches.
                  Love Adventure Time! My son got WAY into it a year or so back. He even had his birthday party themed as such. Here's an early WIWT post on that day:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post101154

It's a super-trippy show - but it's a lot of fun for kiddos and... ahem... *grownups*.

Oh, and I *too* still love the old Looney Tunes. Those were also enjoyable for all ages - still are, really. Some of the content was never intended for kids to "get." But kids LOVED it regardless.

Comment

• That's awesome [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION] ! "Trippy" is a great word to describe it. I think the hook of the show is how nonsensical/silly/fun it is, but it actually has a pretty interesting story that you can get into. My sense of humor is primarily absurdism so I really dig the off-hand jokes they pull.

Looney Tunes feels too aged for me to watch all of them, but the best episodes I really get a kick out of. My Dad played piano as a kid and loved this skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYM84n-2Sas

Comment

• Time just flys. Waited for Walking Dead season 4 to complete and then some before watching. I just need the next marathon to record them all.

Comment

• Veep and Brooklyn 99 are probably my favorite comedies right now.
                        I also really like Orphan Black. I'll catch the second seasons for The Americans and House of Cards when I have a moment to breathe but I also like those shows. I watch GoT but I'm not particularly obsessed with it. Shows that I love reruns of: Friends, NCIS (there's a great Atlantic article today about how nobody writes about popular shows, and here's a good example. It's not innovative but sometimes after a long day, you want something predictable and comfortable and this show does it for me, as do old episodes of Psych).

Lastly, I was pretty disappointed by Marvel's Agents of SHIELD when the series first started because the characters and story were so bad. But it's really improved over the second half of the season - a lot. As somebody who doesn't care for comic books/superhero things, I think it's saying something that the show has managed to hold my attention.

Comment

• Californication is back and it's still awesome. I have the new seasons of GoT and Mad Men ready to watch, just haven't gotten around to seeing it.

Comment

Any love for Adventure Time?
                            Love it. Check out "Bravest Warriors" on youtube if you like Adventure Time.

Comment

That's awesome [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION] !
                              Thanks, man. We (my fam) try to play along with the birthday party themes - the kiddos seem to dig that.

This past year my little girl had a rock-star/pop-star theme, and I got to bust out the old Def Leppard *Pyromania* concert jersey. It was either that or go out shopping for a One Direction shirt. No thanks. Took all my will to NOT don the platinum blonde nu-wave Kajagoogoo wig, powder blue Member's Only jacket and zipper-crazy parachute pants. Hey, I'm an '80s music junkie. Whaddya expect?

BTW, nice Looney Tunes sketch right there. I can tell your dad's a man of great taste.

For piano ("pie-anna") refs (I play too, as does my son), I always dug this one:

Comment

• Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                                Lastly, I was pretty disappointed by Marvel's Agents of SHIELD when the series first started because the characters and story were so bad. But it's really improved over the second half of the season - a lot.
                                I watched the first few/several eps, but gave up - it was not what I had hoped for. Reading your review, I'm wondering f I should give it another go.

Comment

Working...
                                X