Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Awesome Thread of Stuff that won't fit anywhere else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Merrill, he will look back in 3 yrs and wonder why he was such douche looking

Comment

check it.

this bag.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/73215...Value_0=Saddle

Comment

For that price I'd look into Duluth Pack or another made in the US, guaranteed for life bag.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

not looking to buy it, just thought it looked dope. FWIW, LL Bean is guaranteed for life

Comment

I'd say this is pretty awesome:

http://uncrate.com/stuff/2012-aston-martin-v8-vantage/

Comment

If everything goes according to plan, this is the dog we'll be adopting tomorrow. Her name is Judy and she's 12 years old. We found her at the Plano Animal Shelter. Her previous owners just gave her up in her old age, but she's too precious to die in a kennel. Old dogs have a hard time getting adopted, and we're not going to let that happen to such a sweet animal.

Comment

Aww, what a cute dog !

Comment

Yeah, she's pretty great. I've been excited all week. :-) She's very slow and she walks with a limp (we're gonna have the vet check that out), but she can seem to walk forever and ever. We must have walked with her for about 30 minutes in a circle inside the visitation kennel. She has a lot of spirit.

Comment

Wow. That dog looks awesome. My cat was 9 years old in a sea of kittens when I adopted him. One of the main reasons I did was because I was afraid no one else would. Best decision I ever made. Most chilled out cat ever. He's not god awful annoying like most kittens and young cats, but he's super social with guests and affectionate when he wants to be. I'll probably continue to adopt older animals throughout my life.

Comment

Good for you, Jose! My wife used to work for the SPCA so shelter animals have a special place in her heart (and now mine, too). We already have one shelter dog, but my wife adopted her when she was a puppy. This is our first senior pet adoption.

Comment

I worked in a no-kill shelter all through college and the senior citizens were some of the best animals to be around.

@Alan She looks like a corgi mix and they tend to have hip & leg issues with age. Odds are the vet will prescribe some pill-based steroids that will help her out.

Comment

@TomasR: Yeah, we're definitely thinking corgi is in there somewhere. But the shelter claims a corgi/sheltie mix, and neither of those breeds has a tail (unless you're refering to the less-common pembroke welsh corgis). The limp comes from the front, though. We're thinking either arthritis, old injury that already healed, or maybe just in serious need of a nail clipping (which she does actually need). For her sake, I hope it's not arthritis.

We're picking her up from the shelter and driving her directly to a pet spa to get professionally washed and groomed. Plus she's never had a teeth cleaning in her life, and half of her teeth are already gone. So we're going to schedule that. And then we're also going to have the vet look at the limp in case it requires treatment. Even though this dog has always had a home until recently, it's probably never been treated as well as its about to be.

And to be clear... I don't actually think most dogs care about being groomed. In fact, many dogs hate it (including the one we already have). But when they're clean and pretty and getting lots of attention... THAT'S what they love.

Comment

Alan, that dog looks like a sweetheart. I am more of a cat person myself. My families dog is a nutbar and kind of turned me off on dog ownership. I have friends with great dogs, so I still lik them, I am just not sure I want to own one myself My cat has been the best. Shes like 14, and has been the easiest most chill animal ever. She literally just hangs out with me all day, but never whines, complains, scratchs or ruins anything. Best pet ever, I love her to death.

Comment

@Focus: What a cute kitty. :-) I know what it's like to have a great cat. We had our last cat since it was a kitten. It's mom literally gave birth to it in our dining room next to the china cabinet while we watched. It lived to be 16 or 17 and died just this past year. It was born while I was still in high school, and it stayed with my mom and step-dad when I went to college and out into the world, but it was always my cat as much as it was their's.

Comment

Alan, shelties absolutely have tails. I should know - I'm knee-deep in sheltie fur here.

Comment

Working...
                                X