Football!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football!!

Anyone watching the Stanford/Oregon or Baylor/OU games? I was really crossing my fingers for a Baylor curb stomping, but at least Stanford is making my quarterback (Johnny Football) look better for the Heisman.

I have loads of residual hate for Baylor left over from the Aggies' Big XII days. It nauseates me that they're doing so well. I'm still thinking they'll lose before the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      I have loads of residual hate for Baylor left over from the Aggies' Big XII days. It nauseates me that they're doing so well. I'm still thinking they'll lose before the end of the season.
      I've attended just one game in Waco. It was more hostile than anything I had ever imagined. They were downright belligerent. I was there with my family. They heckled us throughout the entire game. I wish nothing but epic failure on their whole program from here into eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        I've attended just one game in Waco. It was more hostile than anything I had ever imagined. They were downright belligerent. I was there with my family. They heckled us throughout the entire game. I wish nothing but epic failure on their whole program from here into eternity.
        Experienced nothing but the same.

Comment

Experienced nothing but the same.
          We must be the Aggies on Dappered. Couldn't agree more with both your takes. Fortunately, Baylor is going to get exposed by someone this season -- be it OSU, TT, or TCU. They haven't faced a team with a semblance of consistency on both sides of the ball.

Man, Baylor is the worst.

Comment

They'll beat TCU. TT will be interesting. I think OSU has the best shot, though.

Comment

How is Texas not in the convo here and Tech is? (aside from obvious "TU" hatred since this is an Aggie thread) TCU is a joke, their only wins are against SE Louisiana, Kansas and SMU... Baylor's win last night is the first real team they've played as well (maybe WVU too, but given that they needed OT to beat TCU, I doubt it... I'll let you know after I see them play on Saturday; @Morgantown is never a fun game, as OSU can attest to). Tech has been beaten twice in a row, including by OU which got handily beaten by UT and then again last night by Baylor.

I'm not saying Texas is a great team, but we are the only other undefeated in conf play team in the Big12 outside of Baylor, and last night's game made me realize that all Big12 teams have a lot of flaws this year (Baylor looked pretty bad in the first half). I agree that Oklahoma State is the most interesting contender, and with all these teams playing each other in the next few weeks, it'll be interesting.

Comment

Texas is relevant, but only in the Big XII. No one in the Big XII deserves to be relevant in the national picture except for Baylor.

*gag* it hurts just to say something positive about Baylor

Comment

I didn't realize they hadn't played UT yet. They're a wild card, for sure. Between the two, I hope the hippies whip the Baptists :-)

Comment

Between the two, I hope the hippies whip the Baptists :-)
                    Me too. Didn't think I'd ever *vomit* root for tu, but my hatred for Baylor is powerful this year.

Comment

Texas is relevant, but only in the Big XII. No one in the Big XII deserves to be relevant in the national picture except for Baylor.

*gag* it hurts just to say something positive about Baylor
                      Fair point and I don't disagree. Just was a convo on how Baylor could go down, so I think UT should get some chatter there. Baylor's schedule is lucky, they have/had home games against the top contenders, outside of Okla State. I do hope someone takes them out, as I don't want them in the BCS talk--ideally it's Texas that does it to cap a run for the Big12 championship

Comment

Should I be surprised that only Texans have replied to a football thread?

Comment

Should I be surprised that only Texans have replied to a football thread?
                          Nope

Comment

...a football thread that has been almost entirely about Texas football.
                            Ben

Comment

I would love to see tu finish well enough for a Cotton Bowl showdown with the Aggies. It's only the #3/4 bowl in the SEC, but it's a game is love to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X