Tips - Not Style related - for Trip to Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips - Not Style related - for Trip to Tampa

Wondering if any of the Dappered community could help, we are planning a guy's trip to the Tampa Bay area, it's sort of a pre mid-life crisis thing (all of us early to mid 30s) coupled with a Bucs game.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone local or who has been there might recommend a place to stay. Basically, we are looking for somewhere with decent access to a beach and walking distance to some semblance of nightlife. The rest of the agenda - golf, riding on the back of a manatee, etc. isn't really location specific. I keep hearing Clearwater recommended online and was wondering if you'd provide the same endorsement.

I know many of you might suggest another state or place, but we've already booked flights into TPA.

I have been to Cleawater Beach few times, and although it is a nice place to stay and lounge and have fun at the beach, I would not call it booming when it comes to night life. Yes, there is plenty of bars, and a nice "City Walk" that you can spend your time on, but I think there is only one bigger real night club (Shepard's) in the Clearwater Beach itself. We did go in few times, and it was fairly packed over the weekends. If the night life is your primary focus, I would rather go to Tampa few nights, it would be well worth it. If I can recall corectly, it is a 45 minute ride from CB to Tampa, depending on traffic.
    I would also recommend exploring other options than the main beach in CB, sometimes it can get too crowded, and there are some better beaches just a short drive away. Clearwater Beach does not have same party vibe as South Beach, this is for sure, and not many beach streets can compare with Ocean Drive, but Clearwater Beach has it own, more laidback feel.
    I would check the websites like VRBO that rent the condos that have very close proximity to the beach, and a lot of times have a great last minute deals.

Comment

I live in Tampa now and I have a little insight, though I haven't been here too long. There's always stuff to do in Clearwater and St. Pete though I live in North Tampa which is at least an hour (can easily be 2 with traffic) from those places so I don't get over there too much. I can only really recommend places in Tampa, not the other places. Anyway, Ybor City and Soho both have a huge nightlife. Only on weekends of course, dead the rest of the time. You'll have to drive for that. There's also Cigar City Brewing which is right down the street from the Bucs stadium. If you're over there, I highly recommend you try it. I try to go at least a couple times a month.

Comment

Working...
      X