• Show
Clear All

My A's got beat by the Tigers sooooo

Go Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
      My A's got beat by the Tigers sooooo

Go Tigers!
      I can dig your logic, and as a Michigander and a DET fan, I thank you for your well wishes, fine sir.

But honestly, gonna be so freakin' tough to take two in a row (let alone *one*... uhm, in a row... err... yeah), in Boston. Eeeeeeeeeeeeek....!!!!

That said, Scherzer & Verlander? If Boston beats those two up, then of course the Sox deserve to go to the big dance, and I will (likely) also then root them on (did I say "likely?" - naw, I will - gotta respect a great adversary and a classic old school team).

Annnnyway, let's not jump the gun, right? One game at a time. Go Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigers!

Comment

Ugh.

DET: Kickass starters; suckass bullpen.

Great game; great series. Gratz to Boston. Respect. I'll be rootin' ya'll on in the WS, even though it stings like hell tonight.

Next year Tigers. Next year fellas. And thanks for a fun ride this year.

Comment

I think we match up a bit better against the Cards, but we need consistent offense. No one run games.

I see that Jim Leyland retired. He had a great career.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
            I think we match up a bit better against the Cards, but we need consistent offense. No one run games.

I see that Jim Leyland retired. He had a great career.
            Might be the case, there bremersm. I haven't really watched the Cards, but they sure as hell spanked LA the other night. DAMN, BOY! Regardless, best of luck to BOS. Like I said, I'll be cheering for ya - I just need a few days to cool down from the devastation of Saturday night's game. Ugh.

Also, yes Leyland presser this morning. I'm torn. I really liked the guy for his good ol' boy "skipper" mentality. But he alsio drove many of us nuts with over-managing. Sometimes the chess matches work; other times you're better off letting the players PLAY. He tended to get a little too much into the wrong decisions on those. But again, I will miss his pre- and post-game interviews. Funny to hear him chomping on some spaghetti while mumbling... err... *answering* questions.

Now all the talk around here is who will be the successor. Leyland is staying in the organization; taking a gig in the offices; which I really like - he said he's going to retire a Tiger. Cool. Some say maybe he'll be setup for the GM gig, if/when Dombrowski gets the Commish job. Hmmn....???

Comment

I'm going to the game tonight! Go Sox!
              Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DXLi View Post
                I'm Shomas' Green with envy.

Comment

Very cool. I've never been to a WS game. Furthest/highest playoff game for me was the ALCS. I'm still a little sore from my Tigers getting knocked off by your Sox there, and last night I could only bear watching about an inning and a half, but I'm trying to be a good sport and hope they (Sox) win the WS. So... uhm... man, this is tough.... yeah, Go Sox!?

Comment

Dude, enjoy. Was hoping my company was gonna raffle off tickets like they did for the ALDS and ALCS... apparently not.
                    6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

^ I'm trying to call in some favors from some business connections in Boston. Might get lucky if they end up having a game 6 back at Fenway..

Comment

It will be interesting tonight. The kid for the Cards is in my opinion a unknown. Yes he has been dominant, but has only pitche 64 innings. I am hoping our bats stay hot and we scare him in to making some mistakes.

Comment

Looks like quite a few people from Boston are on Dappered Threads now.

I had a chance to try get tickets but I passed. Baseball is not really my thing and I'm already spending $$$ to go to the Patriots game this sunday + a Giants vs. Cowboys in November end.

Comment

Go sox! Regardless of how the season ends this has been a great ride. Everyone, including locals, wrote this team off and its a lot of fun to watch them succeed.

Comment

@mcadamsandwich if you connection comes through you should think about you best non real online forum friend for someone to go with (thats me)

Comment

Originally posted by s_crane View Post
                                @mcadamsandwich if you connection comes through you should think about you best non real online forum friend for someone to go with (thats me)
                                No dice.

Comment

Working...
                                X