Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sideswipe
    replied
    This necro-bump will be lame because I can't get to YouTube at work to post the trailer, but "Dunkirk" looks like it's going to be pretty great.

Leave a comment:

• burban
    replied
    That looks great.

Leave a comment:

• JGL
    replied
    This looks fun: (REDBAND TRAILER! NSFW! Nudity, Language)

Last edited by JGL; January 26, 2016, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Whoa. Looks like the new Star Wars will be worth the wait.

Leave a comment:

• Sideswipe
    replied
    Trying to keep expectations in check, but man. "We're home."

Leave a comment:

• Johdus
    replied
    Good God, I just lost it at work.

Leave a comment:

• Shomas
    replied
    God help me, the sounds of the blasters, tie fighters, and the Millennium Falcon make my heart race.

Leave a comment:

• JGL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dapperandy
    replied
    Saw the new movie trailer for Magic Mike XXL and I just can't wait... just kidding. Haven't really seen any cool movie trailers lately. Star Wars is still stuck on my mind. December is too far, far away...

Leave a comment:

• JGL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    Originally posted by Shade View Post
    Not exactly a trailer, but the new James Bond will be called "SPECTRE"
    The title was revealed via the official Bond Twitter account. Spectre, of course, is the global terrorist organization that appeared in earlier Bond films like Dr. No. It is truly the greatest acronym ever created, standing for SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion.

Eon only regained the rights to use Spectre in 007 movies last year after resolving a longstanding dispute with the estate of late Bond producer Kevin McClory, who died in 2006. The Irish film-maker was legally co-credited with introducing the nefarious organisation in the 1965 film version of Thunderball, and had maintained limited rights to use it in his own 007 movies (including the unofficial Sean Connery entry Never Say Never Again in 1983.)
    I remember in QoS, there was a shadow organization that MI6 didn't even know existed. I forget, was that particular story thread ever wrapped up (or was the organization even named)? If not, I'm wondering if it will all be tied together in this one.

Edit: Scratch that, just realized that the organization was called Quantum. I've seen the movie at least a few times, but the plot is still a little hazy for me when i try to recall it.

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Not exactly a trailer, but the new James Bond will be called "SPECTRE"

The title was revealed via the official Bond Twitter account. Spectre, of course, is the global terrorist organization that appeared in earlier Bond films like Dr. No. It is truly the greatest acronym ever created, standing for SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion.

Eon only regained the rights to use Spectre in 007 movies last year after resolving a longstanding dispute with the estate of late Bond producer Kevin McClory, who died in 2006. The Irish film-maker was legally co-credited with introducing the nefarious organisation in the 1965 film version of Thunderball, and had maintained limited rights to use it in his own 007 movies (including the unofficial Sean Connery entry Never Say Never Again in 1983.)

Dave Bautisa is supposedly going to play a henchman in the vein of Jaws and Oddjob. He was announced as playing "Mr. Hinx," which fits that model. The same rumor has Seydoux as the requisite femme fatale. Her character name is "Madeleine Swann."

Really looking forward to this. It is shaping up to be a great film and will live in the same world as "Skyfall".

Leave a comment:

• Sideswipe
    replied
    Originally posted by JGL View Post
    Do not have high hopes for this one but we'll see...

Trying to keep my expectations in check as well, but terminators + Emilia Clarke means I'm definitely buying a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• JGL
    replied
    Do not have high hopes for this one but we'll see...

Leave a comment:

• JGL
    replied
    Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    I think J.J. did a pretty good job with Star Trek reboot, and I believe he will do ok with continuation of the Star Wars story as well (as long he keeps his lens flares in check).
    The second Star Trek movie wasn't that good but I have high hopes for this new Star Wars movie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X